Bargain Latics Shirts

I thought the pink shirts were sold off for charidee (to wit: cancer awareness). Just sayin'.

Loved the white one from Palliss - but didn't we then have a regular white away kit the next year or the year after that? It would be genuinely rare if we'd only ever worn white once.

This was only match this white shirt with Torex as sponsor was worn in.

This was only match this white shirt with Torex as sponsor was worn in.

Fair enough. The Torex one makes it more of a collector's item I suppose. I always think it's a shame that we had an all-white kit after that though. Should've been a proper once-in-a-lifetime one.

Totally on another colours issue: I heard Norwich fans were singing "We are the Norwich, we've come for our scarves" at The Red Sox Bowl last week. Not bad for a bunch of three-nippled cousin :censored:ers.

Fair enough. The Torex one makes it more of a collector's item I suppose. I always think it's a shame that we had an all-white kit after that though. Should've been a proper once-in-a-lifetime one.

Totally on another colours issue: I heard Norwich fans were singing "We are the Norwich, we've come for our scarves" at The Red Sox Bowl last week. Not bad for a bunch of three-nippled cousin :censored:ers.

This was the season we had the burgundy & gold away shirt. We asked CP if they would consider wearing their change strip in the game. They declined so this strip was specially commisioned for this and any other cup games that season we might have needed it for.

Adding to its collectability is that none of the major Latics shirt collectors got one in the website auction so the few that have come on offer have gone for high prices.

One collector sold up last season and that has depressed the market.

Last year I was offered one of these in a frame that was "matchworn" for which the seller wanted £700 which at the time I was considering paying, until I had him take the back of the frame off and there was no player detail on the back...............

As for the Pink ones yes they where auctioned for a breast cancer charity - which did inflate the final price's a lot.

The other one off shirt was the Kettering poppy shirt - auctioned for the Royal British Legion

Think I can trump that with Jan Budtz match worn shirt's - 2 of them

-2 Jan Budtz shirts are still too many.

NB. I was going to give him a lift home from his opening game as he had no way of getting back to the North East. I spent the whole game hoping he'd do well so I could be part of his reflected glory/not have to swerve into the central reservation for the greater good. In the end his mate turned up, which was perhaps as well as I doubt he'd have fit into my Ka. I did however get a free ticket off Alan, which frankly in the end (due to the game), was like being kicked in the face for my troubles.

I was sent what I assume was David Miskelly's match shirt from the play-offs in 2003. I didn't even bid for it or apply for it, I assume my name was just picked off the club's database as a "winner".

It's unsigned, but I'll take a grand for it. Any takers??