Dickov Interview and Crossbar Challenge

Gmr should bring that back.

It was Piccadilly Sport Pal

Usual Saturday mid-late 80s when we couldn't get to a game...

"it's a goal…"

My Dad "…Won't be us, we're away…." cue a Stockport or Bolton goal

"Oh nooooo"

My Dad ":censored:!" cue Latics 1-0 down….

Remember going to a new years bash at my uncles 2nd Jan '88, we were listening to the game on my cousins transistor whilst 'playing out' on the quiet cul-de-sac where they lived, adults were getting well-oiled, as they usually do at such occasions, except every time Piccadilly came up with "It's a goal!!!!" it was referring to us bagging another one at Bramall Lane, my dad uncle and Grandad all disbelieved us and we were threatened with getting a clip round the ear for mocking Latics.. then they put final score on…. :grin:

It was Piccadilly Sport Pal

Usual Saturday mid-late 80s when we couldn't get to a game...

"it's a goal…"

My Dad "…Won't be us, we're away…." cue a Stockport or Bolton goal

"Oh nooooo"

My Dad ":censored:!" cue Latics 1-0 down….

Remember going to a new years bash at my uncles 2nd Jan '88, we were listening to the game on my cousins transistor whilst 'playing out' on the quiet cul-de-sac where they lived, adults were getting well-oiled, as they usually do at such occasions, except every time Piccadilly came up with "It's a goal!!!!" it was referring to us bagging another one at Bramall Lane, my dad uncle and Grandad all disbelieved us and we were threatened with getting a clip round the ear for mocking Latics.. then they put final score on…. :grin:

Loving the cheeky pause where you're thinking, "It's us. Yes!" or, ":censored:. Don't let it be us."

Of course, the finest "It's a goal" (other than those when Latics scored) were those announcing goals by John Thomas when he played for Bolton, as James H tried to lever as many nob gags as he could into a Saturday afternoon show.

Those were great times on the radio, agree with ever word on this subject, the feeling of dread when the "oh nooooo" came on in the middle of a record, "that's Latics, it's going to be be Latics" only for it to turn out to be Bury and relief! Then the "It's a goal!!!!" And then you heard the voice that will live long in every Latic's fan's hearts, the dulcet tones of Stewart Pyke cue me jumping round the room - "YYYEEESSSSS"!!!

Those were great times on the radio, agree with ever word on this subject, the feeling of dread when the "oh nooooo" came on in the middle of a record, "that's Latics, it's going to be be Latics" only for it to turn out to be Bury and relief! Then the "It's a goal!!!!" And then you heard the voice that will live long in every Latic's fan's hearts, the dulcet tones of Stewart Pyke cue me jumping round the room - "YYYEEESSSSS"!!!

Although it must be getting on for 25 years ago, I think I'm only justing coming down from experiencing the 3-2 win at Shrewsbury via Piccadilly Radio. (R Palmer x 3, 2-0 down at HT) with the winner in injury time after we'd missed a pen. Even my internet browsing history hasn't seen anyone bouncing round a bedroom more than I was that afternoon.