Suddenly nobody loves England

It amazes me the way that the public have turned against the England football team. I know they aren't performing but that doesn't exactly turn us all against Latics... actually for a lot on here it probably does.

Here's a blog looking at why we should stick with national team.

It amazes me the way that the public have turned against the England football team. I know they aren't performing but that doesn't exactly turn us all against Latics... actually for a lot on here it probably does.

Here's a blog looking at why we should stick with national team.

Really good blog Mark. A few things to add to it if I may.

I think your right about England not being good enough. However, whenever there is a major tournament that comes round, too many people jump on the media hype bandwagon making England out to be alot better than they ctually are. Considering we have only ever won one major tournament 45 years ago, and reached the semi finals of the world cup and european championships on two other occasions, where the hell has this media expectation come from in the first place.

Another thing which I think has influenced this is the Premier League thinking it is better than it is, and getting a bit big for its boots. Not sur ewho it was before, but there was a presenter on talksport who was moaning about how there has been no premier league and how 'we didn't need this England game against a poxy little country". Like "er hello you ignorant ****, its a bloody qualifier". And this idiot will probably be the typical fickle PL fan who at the moment is saying "I don't care about England", then will jump on the inevitable media "we can go all the way and win it" bandwagon, wearing the shirt ect" and back again when we only make the last 16 or quarter finals.

Regardless how big the PL is, or thinks it is, world class players will always be defined on the international stage, and a world cup winners medal will always be worth more to a supposedly world class player than a premier league medal.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

How year on year failure at national level can be rewarded with top pay, constant salary rises, continued selection is beyond me.

Overpaid, overrated and about as close to the 'common' fan as those dwellers in Wilmslow, Alderley Edge etc.

F*** 'em!

Edited for language purposes......him upstairs may be watching....

Edited by futchers briefs

He is right though. Now rooney is suspended for 3 games we have no chance.

You always have a chance. We usually blow ours though.

We also forget that there are 200 other countries on the planet so every now and again they win the odd game too.

As for Rooney, well hopefully we can spend the next 7 months finding a decent striker partnership that will deliver without him. While I'd still take him, I'd hope that he can't get off the bench as this new duo lead us to glory.

I'm sure the lethal Carlton Cole / Peter Crouch duo is the future!