BBC Highlights for PNE Game

Yup.

Much clearer.

That's a foul.

We wuz robbed.

I'm not convinced. I think Cisak misjudges the flight of the ball. Still pales into insignificance against Brill's far more frequent and far more calamitous errors.

Great third goal for Latics - not just the shot but the build-up too.

I'm not convinced. I think Cisak misjudges the flight of the ball.

Whether he does or not, Proctor make contact with the keeper in the air. That's a foul. It's even foul play in rugby union!

Great third goal for Latics - not just the shot but the build-up too.

Some of the one touch play in the last quarter of the game was exceptional. Summed up well for that goal. Additionally, in the last few minutes we seemed to win any race to the ball. We were fitter and stronger than they were. Maintaining that sort of work rate will help us stay in the top half of the table. And if Tranmere can make the top six, there's little reason why we can't.

<removes getting carried away hat>

Whats encouraging for me is I think it definitely shows progress. Whilst I can't comment too much as I didnt see anything of the team from October onwards last year, this is a game which in all probability, we would have lost last year.

I also think now that the spine of the team is much stronger, and the quality over quantity approach is working. We still have competition for places in most areas, obviously not as much as the bigger teams, but the likes of MVoto would have been a certain starter last season come what may, wheras he isn't this season.

Whether he does or not, Proctor make contact with the keeper in the air. That's a foul. It's even foul play in rugby union!

Some of the one touch play in the last quarter of the game was exceptional. Summed up well for that goal. Additionally, in the last few minutes we seemed to win any race to the ball. We were fitter and stronger than they were. Maintaining that sort of work rate will help us stay in the top half of the table. And if Tranmere can make the top six, there's little reason why we can't.

<removes getting carried away hat>

Nah, he just jumps in the air, right next to Cisak. Doesn't look to me like there's any real contact and the striker has to be allowed to challenge for the ball.

I'd be pissed off if that had been the other way around and the goal was disallowed.

That was a foul all the day long. The player jumped at the keeper with his arm raised slightly pushing Cisak. 9 times out of 10 that would be a foul especially if it was the other way round.

Anyway, it was great to see the fightback which I havent seen for a long time at Latics. Usually at 2 nil down you could safely say we would lose the game :disappointed: but even when they got that dubious 3rd we thought back and got just rewards.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS! KTF

:censored: Cisak... the pass from Furman for Kuqi's goal was a class above!!!

Isnt this the first time that Furman has been partnered by a proper defensive midfielder (who is also capable of chipping in with goals :D). Last season he was partnered by the likes of Lowe, Stephens, Jones, whom were all more attacking players meaning that Furman usually had to sit a bit deeper and do some of the defensive donkeywork?

Furman is a class act at this level, and IMO he plays at his best when he has license to roam higher up the pitch, working with the front 2 to maintain the high press / high pressure tactic. He can also get into areas where he can either shoot at goal or pick a pass; which he's more than capable of. We saw that vs Burnely in pre- season where he was head & shoulders the MoM that game - with spanish Marc doing the deep lying midfielder role.

Wes has been a very shrewd signing, and has made a big difference to the team. He can easily (and has been doing) do the defensive role to Furman's higher up one. It looks a solid, workman like partnership - and looks even better when the more defensive one of the 2 of them has 3 in 2 games!!

The 4-5-1 on tues night looked good going forward, nice and fluid with plenty of interchange; especially from Taylor, Simpson & Kuqi. We were exposed though out wide when PNE broke,which seems odd what with having the extra man in there? Adeyemi was pretty anominous 1st half, but i felt he grew into the game and got better towards the end...i think thats the new away game formation sorted, as long as the players continue to work hard, high press and committ to it

Still pretty buzzing if im honest after tues, it was a great game ans we really stood up and made a statement; players & fans alike.....great comeback and a real hard earned & well deserved point

Still pretty buzzing if im honest after tues, it was a great game ans we really stood up and made a statement; players & fans alike

Got home and my eldest said "we're still 12th".

I looked at him aghast. Somewhere in my head I thought the performance should have moved us up the table!

Wes has been a very shrewd signing, and has made a big difference to the team. He can easily (and has been doing) do the defensive role to Furman's higher up one. It looks a solid, workman like partnership - and looks even better when the more defensive one of the 2 of them has 3 in 2 games!!

Shows what you can get if you wait. People on this board were annoyed that PD hadn't done signings earlier, but the Wes deal, along with others such as Kuqi shows that if you can wait, you can still get quality players in. However saying that, i think Wes was our back-up choice to the Spanish lad Fernandez. Even though we have been playing well with the Wes-Furman partnership in centre mid, i think we'd be playing much better with the Fernandez-Furman partnership due to Fernandez being just as hard working as Wes, but Fernandez having better control and passing ability aswell.

Furman is a class act at this level, and IMO he plays at his best when he has license to roam higher up the pitch, working with the front 2 to maintain the high press / high pressure tactic. He can also get into areas where he can either shoot at goal or pick a pass; which he's more than capable of. We saw that vs Burnely in pre- season where he was head & shoulders the MoM that game - with spanish Marc doing the deep lying midfielder role.

The 4-5-1 on tues night looked good going forward, nice and fluid with plenty of interchange; especially from Taylor, Simpson & Kuqi. We were exposed though out wide when PNE broke,which seems odd what with having the extra man in there? Adeyemi was pretty anominous 1st half, but i felt he grew into the game and got better towards the end...i think thats the new away game formation sorted, as long as the players continue to work hard, high press and committ to it

Still pretty buzzing if im honest after tues, it was a great game ans we really stood up and made a statement; players & fans alike.....great comeback and a real hard earned & well deserved point

I think the only problem with the 4-5-1 is Taylor's tendency to constantly drift inside, leaving us exposed on the left. I could be getting mixed up here, but I seem to remember we cleared a ball out of defence onto the left, and there was nobody to challenge for/collect it as Taylor was still in the centre of the pitch, and it left their man with about 20 yards of space, eventually leading to their 2nd goal. I can see that he was getting up there to try and support Kuqi, but he either needs to get back into postion as quickly as possible, or leave the support play to one of the three in centre midfield...

Edited by JonesyOAFC

This.

I've honestly felt like I've been in a parallel universe since Tuesday. Yes, it was only a point and we didn't look like the world beaters of yore but the attitude shown, mixed with the heady atmosphere that we generated in our end, particularly building up to half time and that final ten minutes or so, made it a real highlight of recent years.

Bloody hell, didn't realise at the time how good our first goal was. Great control from Kuqi and an awesome pass from Furmanator. The build up play to our third was also fantastic.

Thought it was nice to see Wes describe that goal as the best moment of his career - pretty remarkable considering he got promoted with Peterborough last year. One of the best moments of recent times watching Latics - great end to a proper night time away fixture.

Not convinced it was a foul on Cisak for their third - any contact was minimal and Cisak should make that his. It reminds me of that Chris Porter (?) goal against Tranmere when Chris Hall got in the way of their keeper a few years back.

I think we were very very hard done by with their 3rd goal. Can see where Stevie J is coming from, but more often than not in the modern day game that is given as a foul against the keeper.

Not to take anything away from Wes's 3rd goal, but I actually think our first goal was the best of the game. Beautiful pass from Furman, fab first touch and ice cool finish from Shefki Kuqi.