RIP Gary Speed

Question for all those who suffer from depression! Have you ever suffered from Deja vu type symptoms!? At first I though it was just a case of Deja Vu. Then I realised this was usually the trigger for feeling hot sweats then just needing to be alone and I basically just basically not really wanting/or be able to move for a few hours! This usually happens when something unpredicatble is happening or in a very stressful situation! I realise this may just be a panic attack, but this and the feeling really down usually happens in tandem!

Sorry for sharing abit to much information but I don't know any of you guys and would be interested in knowing has anyone else felt these really quite frightening type of deja vue experiences!?

cheers

I'm no expert (although my missus is) but I'm sure depression reduces your ability to manage anxiety and so will leave you more vulnerable to panic attacks. What you're describing doesn't sound like a panic attack to me but I'll ask the doctor tonight.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffered a double dip depression.

Thought I'd got out of it, was probably a good 18 months on from the low. Then my boss said "you can hit XXX". The target was lower. I hit somewhere in the middle - way above target. Suddenly all those feeling of failure because I'd missed XXX and I could feel, over a 48 hour period, the return to depressed state.

Never had the deja vu thing mentioned above. But my biggest fear in life is returning to depression. Horrible place to be.

Question for all those who suffer from depression! Have you ever suffered from Deja vu type symptoms!? At first I though it was just a case of Deja Vu. Then I realised this was usually the trigger for feeling hot sweats then just needing to be alone and I basically just basically not really wanting/or be able to move for a few hours! This usually happens when something unpredicatble is happening or in a very stressful situation! I realise this may just be a panic attack, but this and the feeling really down usually happens in tandem!

Sorry for sharing abit to much information but I don't know any of you guys and would be interested in knowing has anyone else felt these really quite frightening type of deja vue experiences!?

cheers

It can be a symptom of anxiety, it can also be a symptom of epilepsy. They are pretty frightening, i remember getting them for about a year after my dad died. If it's troubling you, you really should speak to your GP.

Apparently there's a bit of a campaign to have fans at every game this weekend singing "there's only one Gary Speed" on the 11th minute. I won't be at the game on Saturday myself but it'd be a nice gesture.

I've never suffered de-ja-vu moments either.

As has been said, although i'm fine at the moment, i can talk about it and i can be totally open - my biggest fear is that depression will return.

Theres a massive difference between depression and generally being down but sometimes, a simple bad day at work where anyone would come home and feel down leaves my mind running.....am i down? or is this the start of another episode? I've had two fairly major ones and I don't want a 3rd so I have to sit and say to myself that everyone is allowed a bad day and it doesn't mean tommorow will be as bad. I guess once you've had depression, it's always with you.

cheers

I had a word with her last night and, not surprisingly, she said she'd need to know more in order give a proper opinion. However, she suggested the deja vu you're experiencing may be caused by tiredness, caused by stress and/or low mood. She says the spells of 'paralysis' and sweats may suggest that you suffer a fairly biological form of depression, which will be triggered by hormonal changes, as well as the usual factors. She says you should see your GP, as medication tends to be more effective with that sort of depression. I'm sure that was the gist, anyway!