Potential replay dates

Now this is getting really really ahead of myself here but say we go to Anfield and somehow manage to nick a draw (not impossible, this is what the cup is about etc.) it struck me that there would be no free date before or after the date when the 4th round ties are due to be played. I have one of them pocket fixture lists stuck on my computer screen at work and it has the date on it of every league game (obviously, duh!) and every potetnial cup tie for each cup we could of been in.

Studying it today while on a break, Liverpool play on the Wed 11th and Wed 25th Jan in the carling cup and we play our jpt cup ties on the 17th/18th of Jan and 1st Feb with the 4th round FA cup ties taking place on the 28th of Jan. Its obviously pie in the sky at the moment but im just interested to know what the potential replay date would be in the evenutality of it happening? Would we move a Saturday league game to be played further down the line in mid-week, play the replay on the 4th round weekend or wait till both teams have a free week which is looking like the week beginning the 6th Feb?

JPT would get moved.

Bollocks it will. They can't just go about moving our other games and I'm sure Chesterfield would be unimpressed at moving a game eleven days beforehand.

We'd play on 4th round day as if we were through and whoever we play on 4th round day would be postponed.

Bollocks it will. They can't just go about moving our other games and I'm sure Chesterfield would be unimpressed at moving a game eleven days beforehand.

We'd play on 4th round day as if we were through and whoever we play on 4th round day would be postponed.

Doesn't matter. the FA Cup takes precident over the JPT. It would mean our game is moved back a week. No biggie.

JPT would get moved.

They can do one if they think they can say that. From sounds of it, Liverpool insisted it as a Friday night game rather than Sunday, so they can eff off if they think we should move one of our games to suit them if we make a replay.

There was an artical on the OS saying that might not know the date of or JPT game till early Jan because if we got to the 3rd round and got a replay we would play that on the 17th in stead of the JPT game.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2541381,00.html

Edited by stevesmitt

I refer you to the link in the post above.

What he said

I refer to you to the same link in the same post above.

:grin:

Edited by opinions4u