Liverpool Starting 11 v latics

As most of you are excited for the game, I thought I would deliver a verdict as to who you would realistic think would start for liverpool:

Looking at Liverpools carling cup game against exeter earlier in the season, I wonder whether Daglish will unveil a similar starting 11 against us.

Against exeter his starting 11 was:

Reina

Flanagan Robinson Skrtel Wilson

Henderson Spearing Adam Meireles Rodriguez

Suarez

I think it would be quite similar, with Suarez likely serving an 8 match ban, i think that he will start. I would like to see shelvey start in midfield, looked great for Blackpool. In terms of their defence, I think we could cause them problems, with Kuqi, Simpson (if a deal is done), Smith. Reina would be difficult to get past, so would like to see doni in net (pressure on him to impress daglish).

Overall cannot wait, 39000 tickets sold, blue and white shower covering the Anfield Road Stand

My Prediction is 2-1 loss, but shall not be disheartened by any loss as long as the lads put up a fight.

Your views?

As most of you are excited for the game, I thought I would deliver a verdict as to who you would realistic think would start for liverpool:

Looking at Liverpools carling cup game against exeter earlier in the season, I wonder whether Daglish will unveil a similar starting 11 against us.

Against exeter his starting 11 was:

Reina

Flanagan Robinson Skrtel Wilson

Henderson Spearing Adam Meireles Rodriguez

Suarez

I think it would be quite similar, with Suarez likely serving an 8 match ban, i think that he will start. I would like to see shelvey start in midfield, looked great for Blackpool. In terms of their defence, I think we could cause them problems, with Kuqi, Simpson (if a deal is done), Smith. Reina would be difficult to get past, so would like to see doni in net (pressure on him to impress daglish).

Overall cannot wait, 39000 tickets sold, blue and white shower covering the Anfield Road Stand

My Prediction is 2-1 loss, but shall not be disheartened by any loss as long as the lads put up a fight.

Your views?

Mine are that Kenny is a man who treats the Liverpool club with so much passion & love, that the mere thought of his side going out in the 3rd round to a League 1 side will mean that he will put out a strong side and will be going for the win

a few of their fringe 'kids' will play i'm sure:

Shelvey, Flanagan & Wilson I'd expect, possibly see Amoo get involved at some stage but other than that; it'll be the Prem boys.....

Mine are that Kenny is a man who treats the Liverpool club with so much passion & love, that the mere thought of his side going out in the 3rd round to a League 1 side will mean that he will put out a strong side and will be going for the win

a few of their fringe 'kids' will play i'm sure:

Shelvey, Flanagan & Wilson I'd expect, possibly see Amoo get involved at some stage but other than that; it'll be the Prem boys.....

Amoo's staying at Bury I believe...

I don't think there's much chance of Meireles playing in this one. I think the midfield will be Kuyt, Henderson, Shelvey, Spearing and Maxi.

Meireles signed for Chelsea at the end of August, and has been their first choice player since.

Even without him, still a very strong midfield with pace (Shelvey) and strength (Kuyt), so a tough game awaits.

They'll have some first teamers in there, and a few fringe/younger players playing.

I wouldn't be surprised of their back 5 being

Doni

Flanagan Carra Coates Robinson

which hopefully Kuqi and co can cause some problems. I'm expecting a rather stronger looking midfield and attack though. Not sure whether Gerrard will start, suppose there's a decent chance but with Lucas out they might decide to leave him for this game so he's alright for City games, Maxi will start i think, along with Kuyt, Bellamy may aswell. Not sure if Carrol will though, all depends on the outcome of a Liverpool appeal against Suarez ban, or if it is suspended whilst appeal is on going. Sterling might play a part aswell.

P.s does anyone have a video of this song?

This one here? You can see Chaddy joining in after a couple of minutes.

I can imagine that there's many that are irritated by it but, to be fair to them, at least they're making some sort of noise and having a laugh whilst they do it.

Edited by Twisbrogan

It's Andy Carroll's birthday the day of the Latics match, is that good news or bad? :unsure:

He is just not getting the rub of the green, like his thunderous header against the bar or poor first touch off Gerrard's gem of a pass tonight. Just needs a game to kick start his season, and what better chance than against lowly...?