Kuqi or Hughes?

Kuqi. -- The amount of effort he puts into his game, and the commitment he gives on the pitch is 2nd to none. He may be slowing down at present, but for his age he has been invaluable to the side, especially for the youngsters in the side. I do however feel that Paul Dickov will be eyeing another striker in the near future, in order to give Kuqi time to have a rest, in case we make the play offs. As for Hughes, he certainly knows where the net is and would, I have no doubt, be an asset to any side. If you noticed yesterday he did not celebrate his goal in his usual style, and I think he still has a lot of affection for the club. However I think he would not be on P.D's top ten list.

Is that the 'wants to win attitude' and will not accept mediocrity off team mates - nowt wrong with that in my book - a real pro.

As for the being toss in the last 5 or 6 - as has been mentioned, he is just in need of a rest, but he's that important a player in how we play, PD can't afford too.

Nah, it's the 'out for himself; billy big balls' attitude that's been on show for a good while I'm on about, I haven't seen much evidence of the 'real pro' one for ages.

Once Reuben Reid is back (when is that BTW; strange there's been minimal mention about a date etc) then for me Kuqi should have a long rest....

At this level and for 90 minutes on the pitch you could put a strong case for Hughes, he did a very good job for us and he's doing a very goodjob for Notts too. Kuqi has had a great start but is faltering a bit now, he can disappear from games and can become easy to disposess (and his constant narking at the referee is letting him down).

That said, we are told he is having a very positive influence behind the scenes.

Jury's out perhaps, appreciate a (helluva) lot of baggage comes with Hughes and counts againts him but he certainly gave 100% in every game ~ do we get that from Kuqi? let's wait and see and pass judgement at the end of the season eh? Similar goals to game ratio's I'll bet at this level but I'd say Kuqi is playing with the better team.

Despite that Kuqi get's my vote!

Hughes is a better footballer but that's not all that matters so Kuqi.

Having said that Kuqi has been wank for weeks, if we were not at Liverpool friday I'd give Matt special needs Smith a run.

Taylor moans he is a moaning little bastard, Kuqi moans and its because he is a winner. Blinded.