Kuqi or Hughes?

If you could choose either front man to lead the line for Latics who would it be?

Going off yesterday's respective performances you would have to say Hughesy but we all know what Kuqi is capable of on his day.

I'd personally go for Hughes but there's not much in it!

Poll?

Pisshead idiot who has shown that he can be a bad influence on the squad, and could well be convicted of sexual assualt if the allegations are furthered. Or a model pro who has scored more at this stage than Hughes did while he was here IIRC, sure the goals have dried up (for now) but Kuqi every day of the week. The stain Hughes left on this club is still being washed away now, and every time he does something stupid we get a mention. Don't forget he is lucky not have had been in serious legal trouble last season when he tried to choke Alan Hardy, if he had pressed charges then Hughes could have been screwed.

King Kuqi all the way for me. Hughes was a good player for us, but I honestly couldn't see Hughes fitting into a fluid front 4 like we have now, moving to the left & dropping back when required. That's not to say he's not better - I'd box Hughes with players like Beckett - fantastic players at what they do, namely exhibiting guile in & around the 6 yard box to great effect.

Kuqi has been hailed as a hallmark signing for many reasons other than scoring goals, the galvanising effect he's had on our team & younger players, for example. While he's rough around the edges, has helped drag a struggling side by the scruff of it's neck, and his attitude, at an age where most players play with slippers on, has been an absolute joy to see.

I was honestly fearing the worst when he signed, having been stung by several "big name" strikers in the past. But even if he doesn't score another goal this year, his contribution has been so great, he'll always be remembered to me as a cult hero in these hardy times.

Long live King Kuqi!!

Based on footballing ability alone I would still say Kuqi, although I think someone like Hughes would be the ideal partner for Kuqi and could easilly knock 20 a season in feeding off Kuqi's flick ons etc.

But if it was one or the other, I would still say Kuqi, purely for his vision, intelligence on the field, and a physique which makes him an ideal targetman, something which I think is essential in this league.

.....kuqi was utter :censored:e yesterday. At fault for the 2nd goal, got a stupid & petulent booking and didnt celebrate our winning goal. He's been toss for the last 5/6 games now & his attitude has stunk for a while - but he's untouchable on here so you cant say that can you?

But to compair him to that utter waste of oxygen is a no-brainer

.....kuqi was utter :censored:e yesterday. At fault for the 2nd goal, got a stupid & petulent booking and didnt celebrate our winning goal. He's been toss for the last 5/6 games now & his attitude has stunk for a while - but he's untouchable on here so you cant say that can you?

I thought he was pretty poor myself and he's been in a slump last couple of games. That said, it was a clear foul on him and Scapuzzi was more at fault for dicking about with it on the edge of our area. I don't think Kuqi is beyond question, people read too much into not celebrating goals. He did the goal, so what difference is it if he didn't the 3rd goal? Has he decided in the 40-odd minutes in-between that he's hates us all and he's not going to join in no celebrations?

Even when Kuqi is having a poor game you still feel he can come up with the goods at any given point, as he showed against Bratfut. Players go through lows, it's a confidence game. I'm sure it won't be too long until he delivers once again.

Is that the 'wants to win attitude' and will not accept mediocrity off team mates - nowt wrong with that in my book - a real pro.

As for the being toss in the last 5 or 6 - as has been mentioned, he is just in need of a rest, but he's that important a player in how we play, PD can't afford too.