Team vs. Chesterfield

Don't see this as being a gamble at all. We've been busy of late and certain players will be feeling tired. Also, if you're going to give your fringe players a run out, a few days before the opportunity of running out at Anfield is the best time to do it. Great motivation for everyone and much needed rest for the regulars. Very sensible in my opionion.

Don't see this as being a gamble at all. We've been busy of late and certain players will be feeling tired. Also, if you're going to give your fringe players a run out, a few days before the opportunity of running out at Anfield is the best time to do it. Great motivation for everyone and much needed rest for the regulars. Very sensible in my opionion.

Brave move from PD; and a correct one too I have to say.

Yes we've "only" drawn with Chesterfield, but it's a point gained; not a loss. Smith has scored on a rare start which will do him the power of good; and as is said above; some players who have quite clearly needed a 'rest' (I say dropping like! :wink: )have had that today.

JYM was only just back from injury so 2 games in 3 days might have been a push for him. Parker is also only just back from a long-term injury and has played a lot of 90mins in a short space of time, and Morais has scored 2 goals in 3 games prior to this one; and done well when come on so was knocking on the door for a start. My views on Kuqi being dropped are known; so I am happy PD has been brave enough to do that today also.

Right, onwards to Anfield now; with 3 players rested; 1 not risked but likely to fit for the trip; and some of the squad fringe players staking a claim o play. Heathly position to be in ahead of the 'big game' I say.......

Kuqi was holding back when he came on couldn't seem to ster h for things or gamble in that extra yard looks to be carrying an injury IMO hard fought point but we made so many simple mistakes and made too many poor decisions. Yes the ref and Lino were :censored: but a couple played within themselves today. I'll never grumble at a away point especially after a home win but they really were there for the taking.....anyway, on to Anfield we go....

Brave move from PD; and a correct one too I have to say.

Yes we've "only" drawn with Chesterfield, but it's a point gained; not a loss. Smith has scored on a rare start which will do him the power of good; and as is said above; some players who have quite clearly needed a 'rest' (I say dropping like! :wink: )have had that today.

JYM was only just back from injury so 2 games in 3 days might have been a push for him. Parker is also only just back from a long-term injury and has played a lot of 90mins in a short space of time, and Morais has scored 2 goals in 3 games prior to this one; and done well when come on so was knocking on the door for a start. My views on Kuqi being dropped are known; so I am happy PD has been brave enough to do that today also.

Right, onwards to Anfield now; with 3 players rested; 1 not risked but likely to fit for the trip; and some of the squad fringe players staking a claim o play. Heathly position to be in ahead of the 'big game' I say.......

Gotta disagree with that....deffo 2 points dropped

Gotta disagree with that....deffo 2 points dropped

I'm with the other guy - point gained. Especially when you consider they had 2 or 3 free headers on goal in the second half. If they'd have had a bit more luck...

Saying that, both teams looked poor at the back, and half decent going forwards. We missed M'Voto's aerial strength, but can understand him being rested given his recent injury. Simpson did well but was blowing out of his arse at the end. They only looked a threat from the wings - don't think our wide men supported the full backs enough.

i really dont understand,they havnt won in 14 games, they have only won twice at home, they are bottom of the league...........yet we should be pleased we got a point.....even with the squad rotation we should be beating them......2 points dropped IMO

i really dont understand,they havnt won in 14 games, they have only won twice at home, they are bottom of the league...........yet we should be pleased we got a point.....even with the squad rotation we should be beating them......2 points dropped IMO

Agree 100% that its 2 points dropped. Maybe if we'd beat Hartlepool on Boxing day then 7 from 9 would look better than 4 from 9.