monday night

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree with the crux of your point, it's been clearly advertised where the 'Ultras' are going to be based; just don't sit near them. That way you can break into song whenever it takes your fancy (usually after the 6th pint, I find).

think after my last official research at Liverpool, the optimum was around 7/8; though 2 of those had been manchester stars and they're 6.8%!!!

is this just me (?) - but I hate the concept of organised, regimented, synchronised chants at football. being told by someone who has taken on the role of 'song leader' when & what to sing etc.

I'm not a sheep & I don’t blindly follow.

if I want to chant or sing - I will do. if I don’t want to at any given moment; then I won't do. I don't need a conductor telling me what to do.

fair play for those who want to get involved in this - but the usual knee-jerk replies to those that don't want to are a bit tiresome.

not all people want to jump around & sing organised songs for 90mins, conversely those that don't do that aren't sat on their hands in silence either. there is middle ground here……..

SS, you don't HAVE to do anything. You can sit where you want and join in or start what you want. Nobody has ever suggested this is compulsory.

Relax, fella.....

I vote - although I suspect I havent got one - for Oldham Radicals. A nice tip of the hat to Oldham's history, doesnt contain the word Ultra but has enough of a frisson of being a bit alternative.

My second choice is taking out a fine old Oldham phrase and dusting off for re-use - "the Bottom Block"

SS, you don't HAVE to do anything. You can sit where you want and join in or start what you want. Nobody has ever suggested this is compulsory.

Relax, fella.....

i'm relaxed!!

people have missed my point; that being the usual arguement thrown about in terms of fans who dont sing for 90mins are therefore boring old farts, who piss & moan & just sit on their hands in silence..... - all i'm saying is there is middle ground.

i'm not an away fan goader, a 90min singer............nor do i sit on my hands in silence either; and i don't like the idea of being told when & how to behave whilst i watch my team; a la organised uniformed chanting.

but it's cool. i wouldn't want to a.) sit in the chaddy or b.) be in a ultras area, so i'll stay away & let those that wish to, to get on with it.

#eachtotheirown

I vote - although I suspect I havent got one - for Oldham Radicals. A nice tip of the hat to Oldham's history, doesnt contain the word Ultra but has enough of a frisson of being a bit alternative.

My second choice is taking out a fine old Oldham phrase and dusting off for re-use - "the Bottom Block"

Not that I'm one to piggy back others ideas - The Oldham Ultra Radicals ?

Fair play to the lads organising this. Being ahem - middle aged (damn there I said it!) I passed the baton on many moons ago to the younger generation to generate the atmosphere - something which has been evidently missing of late. Good luck tomight - hope loads of the "rads" join you.

now then

give us a T

give us a I

Give us a .......... and so on ....repeat to fade