Kallum Higginbotham joins Hudders

Yes, I vaguely recall that he'd been released not because of a lack of talent but because of his attitude or application. It's a shame we missed out but given that it's taken four years for him to reach the same level as Chris Killen was a success at, I don't feel we made a horrendous mistake.

Crusoe' timestamp='1328111029' post='531830']

Yes, I vaguely recall that he'd been released not because of a lack of talent but because of his attitude or application. It's a shame we missed out but given that it's taken four years for him to reach the same level as Chris Killen was a success at, I don't feel we made a horrendous mistake.

It's not just a Latics problem, it can happen at any level. Fergie reportedly had problems with Ravel Morrison, he managed to get

£1 million for him though from West Ham so will no doubt will see it as good business.

Personally I can't understand young players having an attitude problem, its a short career, do what your coach tells you, work hard and keep away from trouble is my advice.

Edited by BP1960

Agreed absolutely. It's more of a shame that our "wasted talents" haven't done enough to earn a fee when we let them go (Higginbotham, Chalmers, Kenny, and if you're being charitable Hall and Roca).

The biggest disappointment in my time was Andy Sweeney in the 1970s, who looked and played like George Best when he first broke in to the Latics team then gradually disappeared into non league.

AndySweeney.jpg

My link

Edited by BP1960