Lapsed attendees/ stay aways

Obviously time will tell, but I'm wondering if those that choose not to attend BP on a regular basis will be tempted by the Golden Ticket offer. More pertinently, if the offer ISN'T one that you'll be taking up, what would the reason be? Given that cost of tickets isn't a viable barrier to attendance for the next few weeks, what is going to stop you fromcoming. Not looking for witch-hunts or anything (there have been times, in the past, where I've stopped attending *) but just wondering.

* I've stopped in the past mainly due to the money to enjoyment/ entertainment ratio wasn't quite there. I still see the lack of the Clayton Arms as an issue but I greatly appreciate that we're at least trying to play attacking football on the deck these days.

Obviously time will tell, but I'm wondering if those that choose not to attend BP on a regular basis will be tempted by the Golden Ticket offer. More pertinently, if the offer ISN'T one that you'll be taking up, what would the reason be? Given that cost of tickets isn't a viable barrier to attendance for the next few weeks, what is going to stop you fromcoming. Not looking for witch-hunts or anything (there have been times, in the past, where I've stopped attending *) but just wondering.

* I've stopped in the past mainly due to the money to enjoyment/ entertainment ratio wasn't quite there. I still see the lack of the Clayton Arms as an issue but I greatly appreciate that we're at least trying to play attacking football on the deck these days.

Like you said, it would depend on the reason why an individual stops attending. If the take up on this offer is poor, and it is advertised well, then one could only deduce that price is not the reason why fans are choosing not to come.

As I've lived 200 miles or away for more than 31 years I don't really comnsider myself as the target market but I really don't think price is the issue, or at least not among the top half dozen.

They would be (in no particular order)

Matchday atmosphere

Other commitments (and not being replaced by younger fans)

Friends have stopped going

Facilities

Standard of football

Near complete removal of any grounds for optimism

As I've lived 200 miles or away for more than 31 years I don't really comnsider myself as the target market but I really don't think price is the issue, or at least not among the top half dozen.

They would be (in no particular order)

Matchday atmosphere

Other commitments (and not being replaced by younger fans)

Friends have stopped going

Facilities

Standard of football

Near complete removal of any grounds for optimism

The biggest point is that Oldham ( as a town) has been dying for about 12 years.

The club reflects the town, its one big :censored: hole.

And so says this survey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100600/Happiness-survey-Finds-9-10-unhappiest-towns-south.html

The only thing being worked on is a quicker way of getting out of the town. All the towns around us have something different to offer. Thought we had turned a corner with the ombc collaboration but both parties need to start pulling their collective murky fingers out.

Edited by Fan up the ladder

My excuse is I live too far away. I'm buying a ticket all the same - I might make one of the games. Might try and get my dad to go, but he's got responsibilities.

Ground has no atmosphere? So start singing.

:censored:e football? It's in the eye of the beholder.

Got family commitments? You should have tied a feckin' knot in it.

(The last one is a joke.)

Usually it is money for me, which stops me from going along with the fact all the ppl I use to go with won't go anymore because they are skint, married, say "Oh they'll only loose" and/or moved away from oldham.

I'm gonna get a golden ticket, even tho its on the wrong side of payday.

My final excuse for not going as much is i'm in a long term relationship, she lives in leeds, doesn't really get football and I only get to see her at weekends.

I think the money 'excuse' is something everyone can relate to and understand, what bugs me is when fans say it's because the team isn't good enough. It's fans leaving the club that has brought to us to this point, aslong as I can afford to come both money wise I will always have a ST even if I'll miss most matches because I'd rather the club has any spare money than anyone else.