Golden Whiplash

But even those who payed after the discount got 10% off in shop, first refusal at anfield etc.. Swings and roundabouts.

Back row at Anfield. I would of got better tickets if I queued up with the day trippers. I don't think I'll ever stop being pissed off about that on top of the Everton game. I'd let it go if I new they learned from there mistakes but they haven't.

I was shown a reply to an email that a guy who sits behind me wrote to SC. The reply was absolutely shocking, and was pretty much a tirade accusing people like him (he asked what the possibilities of said compo might be!) of being the main problem with the club and the sooner he (SC) got shot of it the better.

Due to the level of crap in his reply to this guy I'm unsure myself whether to renew cause I'm now certain he's ready to jump ship!

But anyways .... here's an idea that might appease all ....

For me as a long term season ticket holder my main gripe is having to get in early to ensure my seat at cup games, which not living in oldham can be a pain sometimes ... not the end of the world not sitting in my seat, but a tad annoying all the same ... consequently early rounds I tend not to bother with the travelling etc

So why not a gamble, which could turn into a nice little bonus ......

Season ticket holders get a ticket for their seat for free for the FIRST rounds of all cup competitions .... the gamble being they're actually at home to start with !

So, league cup, fa cup and paint trophy ... one of which has a bye in the first round sometimes anyways .... I reckon we could expect to get one match for free ... any more is a bonus, but at the same time not a great loss for the club as they're often heavily discounted in the first place

Only an idea, but I'd take a gamble at it I'd offered

Not really. ST holders are around £30 worse off. You'd have to have spent £300 in the club shop for that 10% to be worthwhile. Pretty certain no-one struggled with Liverpool tickets who wanted them.

I wanted them. I got them, but had to queue for nigh on four hours in the pissing rain. I don't want a ST and those who do and get one rightfully get first dibs on 'big game' tickets. But you don't just pay for the guarantee of tickets, it's the convenience too. No ST holder had to spend a weekday morning shivering their bollocks off for a ticket.

Maybe there will be compensation for the GT, maybe there won't. It certainly isn't the Greater Manchester initiative - that is a perk for Bury and Dale ST holders as well. So those that are griping about it being that - pull your head out of your arse and find another reason to throw your toys out of the pram.

For me as a long term season ticket holder my main gripe is having to get in early to ensure my seat at cup games, which not living in oldham can be a pain sometimes ... not the end of the world not sitting in my seat, but a tad annoying all the same ... consequently early rounds I tend not to bother with the travelling etc

I mean, really? To not come to a game because you may have to sit in J43 rather than K42? You haven't paid for the seat anyway for that game so what difference does it make? Surely you're just paying to watch Latics, especially for a cup game surely you can just sit a few seats along or on a different row, it's hardly packed to the rafters for cup games.

Sometimes on a Cup game I will sit in a reserved seat. But if somebody came up to me before kick off and asked me to move as they always sit there then I'd just move. It hardly matters.

For those pricing in another "Golden Ticket" promotion for next season ... do you really think it will be repeated?

Not necessarily a golden ticket scheme, but for the last 3 years at least a special offer of some shape or form has come along which offers significant savings. when you factor this in, and the fact that most miss one or two games on average a season anyway for one reason or another, a season ticket offers very little saving financially.

i must add that if it wasnt for work commitments i would be buying a season ticket regardless as i have done for the last 20 years. discounted special offers for pay on the gate wouldnt stop me buyng a st

Back row at Anfield. I would of got better tickets if I queued up with the day trippers. I don't think I'll ever stop being pissed off about that on top of the Everton game. I'd let it go if I new they learned from there mistakes but they haven't.

I was 3 rows from the back at anfield, poorish view - ST holder bought first day they were open......i was peeved, and still am. In terms of money, I had to pay after the deadline due to mortgage issues, so i ended up being worse of than the POTD'ers....not great is it really when you think about it? ST holder for many years....i agree with lots of what people say on both sides of the coin but, at the end of the day, it's ST holders who set down the initial budget on which the season is planned.....its the ONLY guaranteed income ALL SEASON.....for that, there really should be some more reward....be it bring a friend for a fiver, or free entry to every pre-season games. There has to be some form of encouragement to buy them, and to continue buying them season after season, or the few of us there is left will continue to dwindle.

I sat through a Dave Penney season and still renewed....i deserve a fooking MBE!!!

Its genuinly looking less likley i'll get one, but no decision has been made...

I wanted them. I got them, but had to queue for nigh on four hours in the pissing rain. I don't want a ST and those who do and get one rightfully get first dibs on 'big game' tickets. But you don't just pay for the guarantee of tickets, it's the convenience too. No ST holder had to spend a weekday morning shivering their bollocks off for a ticket.

I did. My grandad couldn't get there and it wouldn't have been great for him so I queued up even though I'm a ST holder.