Question of the week - Edition 8

Shez or Dickov  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Shez or Dickov

Sheridan played the best football we have had since the Royle days. He benefited from following Ronnie in a fair few ways. Nigh on anyone would be refreshing following the neck strain we suffered in that season, but also the players brought in by Ronnie were very good - just the ball being thirty foot over Wellens' head made him useless. Like most managers of unwealthy teams he suffered a collapse at the end of every season, but it was the best times since we got relegated by a country mile.

Dickov even more has his hands tied by finances. He is limited to cheap loans and is only going to be fighting relegation, well, up until we get relegated. I wonder how Sheridan would fare in this, as his loan signings were (other than Gregan) :censored:e.

I'd rather we kept Sheridan back then, but I also would be very against getting rid of Dickov now.

both very similar to me but I get the impression that Dickov has a lot more limitations than what Shez ever had. I didn;t want Shez to go when he did but I wouldn't want to see him return he's been and gone and lets move on, same applies to Andy Ritchie

It's going to click next season. All the faith put into Dickov will be repaid and he'll secure us a Play-Off place. Hell, he'll get us promotion!

There's no expectation on his shoulders, he'll get the types of player we've missed this season and he'll buck the trend.

I wasn't ever really a great fan of Sheridan, personality wise. But he did get us to the play-offs. And in about 16 years watching Latics it's as close as I've been to having anything to shout about save the Dowie season though we all know how that ended.

I like Dickov, it's very hard to get angry listening to his press conferences - unlike with Penney and Moore - as he is always so optimistic. But he hasn't yet delivered on the field, and whilst I very much admire him taking the brunt of the blame, until he does deliver - Shez gets my vote.