86/87 Playoffs

If i was still one. I wasn't one at that game!! I was with my owd man, cousin and Uncle iirc - I think i'd either just finished or took a 'day off' - can't remember, though either way, it hurt, even being fairly youthful at the time.

Where you a 'ball boy' around that time then?

I was asked but refused the offer due to cricket, were you do lad who took a verbal bashing of the Plymouth Goalie?

Physical bashing!!! :grin:

Have you a good memory or have we typed this before?

i dont think so, remember a bit back you said you were a ball boy back in the day, think they had pulled it back to 2.1 ( Kevin Summerfield) and you took a bit of grief..

i dont think so, remember a bit back you said you were a ball boy back in the day, think they had pulled it back to 2.1 ( Kevin Summerfield) and you took a bit of grief..

They needed to win to stay up, I think! We were 2-1 up with about 5 to play and in traditional 'sporting' fashion, I tried to keep the ball for as long as possible after the ball had run dead for a Plymouth goal kick - however Steve Cherry, the rotund, personalityless Keeper at the time, was less than impressed and after a few 'rants' at me to "throw him the ball", he made his way, in front of the Chaddy End, to retreive the ball off me!! At which point I rolled it past him, which provoked his right and left arm into a 70s dance move, pushing me in the chest . Some of the Chaddy End faithful gave him deserved merciless stick for the last 5 minutes, before a member of the local constabulary 'chatted' to me after the game, alas though the early/mid 80s never warranted million pound lawsuits

2 May '87, penultimate home game of the regular season. I was stood on the Chaddy End fence, someone missed a shot in the warm up (Gary Williams I think) the vibrations were so severe on that fence, I think I have developed white-finger.