Damian Reeves

' Doncaster Rovers are poised to offer Altrincham hot shot Damian Reeves the opportunity to join his hometown club. The prolific 26-year-old striker, who lives and works in Doncaster, is out of contract this summer.'

Taken straight from the altrincham website.

:censored: off Doncaster, WHOEVER we're interested in, they have to stick their pikey fingers in the pie. I hope it's a long list Paul, 'cos it's going to a long summer. Thank Christ i'm buggering off on holiday soon, then exam marking, the Euros then the Olympics the ennnnnnnnnddddddllllleeeessssssss speculation drives me mad…..

I could seriously do with a remote like Christopher Walken gives to Adam Sandler in 'Click'

Its always a gamble taking on players from non league. You don't know how they will fair. PD saw something in Matt Smith. He is 4 years younger than Reeves people have already seemingly wrote him off

I haven't, I think he's raw but will make it. Whether it's here I don't know but he's more than capable of a career in the lower reaches of the FL.

If, having trained with us, he didn't fancy it or wanted to listen to other clubs then so be it.

We can't go overboard with wages and nor should we, so we're going to be limited to players that actually want to play for us because they buy into whatever the management team are selling to them. He may still fall into the latter group but if not then it's his choice and we should move onto other players.

Such stories will leaked to the press by agents looking to alert other clubs to a players availability, knowing full well that he isn't going to sign up to the club he was being initially linked with.