If you were Roy 'Odgson....

And if the story about Frank Lamphead is true about his injury ruling him out of the Euros, would you really promote Henderson to replace him.

Yes, I know that is the whole point about having a stand-by squad, but really £20 million for him was a couple of 0s too many.

Or, would you go back and try and persuade Carrick to pack his boots knowing full well he'd be near the top of the midfielders ahead of the likes of Milner.

And if the story about Frank Lamphead is true about his injury ruling him out of the Euros, would you really promote Henderson to replace him.

Yes, I know that is the whole point about having a stand-by squad, but really £20 million for him was a couple of 0s too many.

Or, would you go back and try and persuade Carrick to pack his boots knowing full well he'd be near the top of the midfielders ahead of the likes of Milner.

Or Scholes?

Can players still be called up who haven't been included in the squad and standby list? If so, what exactly is the point of the standby list?

The standby list isn't an official list I don't think. I think its just so the players who are on the list know they need to be ready if anyone gets injured.

I wouldn't be on the phone to Scholes. He decided he didn't want to play for England 8 years ago.

Apparently Carrick told the FA in January that he didn't want to be considered. If that's his attitude, then he can get stuffed. Unfortunately, it means we are so thin with decent midfielders that we end up with Jordan Henderson in the squad.

Rather bring Sturridge into the squad from the standby list. Especially with Welbeck being an injury doubt.

Welbeck getting injured and being replaced by Sturridge would be a blessing.

How the :censored: are all those Liverpool players in there?