I'll steer clear of thr drivel posts and focus on the player in question.

I try to, usually, look for the positives & defend our players; to be realistic with my expectations of them and thus rate them accordingly.

I think the positives from watching Joe Colbeck were that appeared to be able to put his boots on correctly and remembered to breathe whilst running.

How a spend on £60K was ever sanctioned on him i'll never know. Awful.

He was (sort of) good once....

http://widthofapost.com/tag/joe-colbeck/

This article sums it all up very nicely - I read with interest the following paragraph:

'Towards the end of that season we saw the best and worst of the player as he was sent off in a home game against Oldham Athletic. Joe was often praised for his tireless workrate and will to win, but this had spilled over during the Oldham game when he was playing exceptionally well, but reacted badly to been “roughed up” one too many times and was shown his first career red card for kicking the ball away'

He wasn't liked even before he played for us! :omg:

He was one of the worst I've seen play for us too?

Who was the manager at the time he signed?

"Dave came to me and said, 'There's this winger I know from Bradford who has pace, power, a great cross and an eye for goal and he's available for just £60,000.' But we signed Joe Colbeck instead."

Simon Corney explaining why he didn't intend to pay fees for players again. And yes, there WAS a man with a drumkit to do the BADUM - TISH! on delivery of the punchline

If you think the problems are purely down to our fans you are living on another planet have you ever been and watched another team and sat in the home stands I have I've been to Bolton and I heard a few people slagging off Kevin Nolan when he was on the fringes of the England team.

Great. Lucky I dont think that then eh.