John Terry Racism Trial

Meanwhile, Rio's gotten himself into a row for calling Ashley Cole a Choc-ice. :boxer:

Let's see if this end up in court. If they stick to the same ridiculous rules they are going to have to. Calling someone a Choc-Ice is certainly a racist term, and the guy that tweeted him fully meant it as such.

It also communicates something even more sinister. It is either being implied that this whole case was some kind of blacks vs whites tribalistic effort and Ashley Cole switched sides, or that they regard Ashley Cole to be *black on the outside and white on the inside* even before the trial. It's all ignorant tribalist bullsh*t.

Not sure about that. Assault is defined primarily by statute and involves the apprehension of immediate unlawful force.

I did think that it was construed as assault if the language/delivery caused mental hurt in the same way as a physical attack caused physical hurt, but a quick google suggests I might have been wrong

The choc-ice thing I do find really offensive. It suggests that there is a certain type of, "blackness," that black people should aspire to. I have no idea what it means to, "act white," and I think that it panders to black kids who will bully their peers who aspire to do well rather than let themselves be dragged down.

Guest Scratch2000uk

The choc-ice thing I do find really offensive. It suggests that there is a certain type of, "blackness," that black people should aspire to. I have no idea what it means to, "act white," and I think that it panders to black kids who will bully their peers who aspire to do well rather than let themselves be dragged down.

I wonder if the bloke who tweeted it in the first place has been arrested yet? if not, why? :boxer: