Ferdinand charged

We passed silly a long time ago.

I actually think Ferdinand's remark (or more precisely the original choc-ice tweeter) has more sinister undertones than Terry calling Anton a F-ing Black C***.

However, that any of this garbage is deemed to be as serious as it is being treeted, is making a mockery of this nation's laws and it's attitudes.

As it stands we have very selective standards regarding freedom of speech in this country.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

He's been charged by a professional organisation for bringing the game into disrepute, it's not like he's been done by the police for it.

I wouldn't expect to publicly say what he said and not be reprimanded by my profession for doing so. I do wish the whole sorry affair would just be finished now but as long as stupid people say stupid things it will just drag on and on.

Not the FA's fault, it's Ferdinand's.

Couldn't be arsed making a new thread. 'Landmark ruling':

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-kent-19049495

Ok. I've read the whole thing, and some of the stories linked on the BBC website. I am in the dark as to why it was ruled that the player was racially discriminated against.

What am I missing?

It's always irritating to me when I read any piece of journalism, which states allegations and/or rulings made yet makes no attempt to back them up with any evidence or witness statements beyond the circumstantial.

If anyone has knows more about the "why's" of this ruling please let us know.

I've read other newspaper reports on the same subject. There's more information and allegations, which if true could suggest a level of victimisation. However there is nothing that would lead me to the conclusion that there were racist motives involved.

It's always irritating to me when I read any piece of journalism, which states allegations and/or rulings made yet makes no attempt to back them up with any evidence or witness statements beyond the circumstantial.

If anyone has knows more about the "why's" of this ruling please let us know.

I've read other newspaper reports on the same subject. There's more information and allegations, which if true could suggest a level of victimisation. However there is nothing that would lead me to the conclusion that there were racist motives involved.

You seem pretty determined to dismiss the decision.

You seem pretty determined to dismiss the decision.

I never dismissed the decision. I just find it highly dubious that of all the quotes and details that have been released to the public, not one points towards racism. At the moment we only have the court's word that racism has been established.

I remain to be convinced.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Sounds like one of those cases where an employer doesn't want to employ the person any longer for whatever reason, so they try and make things difficult for them, I had that done to me, and both ex employers paid for it too.

I'm not up with all the evidence here, but i guess if the tribunal found he was unfairly dismissed, then the racial discrimination element, has been accepted as a contributing factor, hardly surprising is it.?

Edited by Scratch2000uk

Sounds like one of those cases where an employer doesn't want to employ the person any longer for whatever reason, so they try and make things difficult for them, I had that done to me, and both ex employers paid for it too.

I'm not up with all the evidence here, but i guess if the tribunal found he was unfairly dismissed, then the racial discrimination element, has been accepted as a contributing factor, hardly surprising is it.?

It's common for the race card to be thrown in but if it was unfounded you can counter-claim for costs against any winning on the upheld parts of the claim. Often leaves the claimant wishing their hadn't thrown the kitchen sink at the case.

Guest Scratch2000uk

According to the report the Gillingham player was sacked for aggressive behaviour and racism, I guess Gillingham's mistake was that they didn't report it to the police, more fool them, I know what i would have done.

Guest Scratch2000uk

It's common for the race card to be thrown in but if it was unfounded you can counter-claim for costs against any winning on the upheld parts of the claim. Often leaves the claimant wishing their hadn't thrown the kitchen sink at the case.

Given that tribunals are quite cheap when comparing them with civil litigation, court costs, it's probably worth throwing in the racist card, and the kitchen sink ( no pun intended )

I cant help but think that one glaring point has been totally overlooked in all the evidence. McCammon is gash. I think AH realised that, and wanted him out. On £1,700 a week, he (MM) wasn't going to go anywhere so, AH decided to make his life difficult to force him out.

Cer-blam. Race card thrown in and lawsuits ensues.

All the while, no-one seems to mention that they wanted him out, not because he was black - but becuase he was basically a big, :censored:e lump of a footballer. Seems strange to me that wasn't their whole defence?

Given that tribunals are quite cheap when comparing them with civil litigation, court costs, it's probably worth throwing in the racist card, and the kitchen sink ( no pun intended )

If 80% of the time it took the defence was for reason X, and you show that reason X was completely unjustifiable, then you have an arguable claim for 80% of the costs of your expensive legal fees for the whole case against the award granted, even if the 20% caused the case to be awarded. Judges tend not to like having a whole load of :censored: thrown at them in the hope that something will stick.

Guest Scratch2000uk

An employer has to prove they didn't break any employment laws in the way they treated the employee, They couldn't, because they tried making things difficult for him, There must have been sufficient evidence to suggest this was the case, If an employee then claims it's a race issue, How can the tribunal panel readily dismiss this claim, when they have already found, that the employer treated him unfairly.

That's what i, don't find surprising.

I finally got around to reading the original - it seems like the club included racism in the sacking, therefore it's come back in the appeal. Silly. They should have made note of the bloke's allegations of racism through the correct channels and separated it from other disciplinary procedures. It sounds more like they said, "We aren't racist, he's the racist," and he said the same back.