Supporting Dickov on Saturday

Really looking forward to Saturday, one of the few matches I can make this season due to work commitments. There's been a lot of discussion this week about how long Dickov has left and I'd say the majority believe that if things continue as they are it won't be long, rightly so imo.

But until then I really hope we get behind Dickov at games and don't turn on him. Whatever his faults are as a manager (it's becoming increasingly clear that he has a fair few) he has represented our club well as his personality and attitude has helped portray our club in a positive light to others. As Dave Penney proved, those qualities can't be taken for granted.

If Dickov fails it won't be for the lack of trying and it'll be worse for his reputation than it'll be for ours. A strong positive show of backing from us might even give him the confidence to try something new that works.

Siege Mentality has kicked in for me, I was pissed off last week until the beer kicked in around 7pm and been looking forward to Pompey ever since. I'm expecting another defeat but hoping we can at least have a proper go, sent out to play with proper tactics and our heads up, we are Oldham Athletic let's play like Oldham Athletic and get the ball down and have a go at the opposition...

If we play poorly and lose the writing could be on the wall, the beer will be flowing for many (not me, my 9 year old is coming with me) and it may well be the day the worm turns in terms of Dickov still enjoying around 2/3 support of our fanbase (according to the poll on her - I've not voted i'm still on the fence)

Championship season apart, Fratton Park has been a bit of graveyard with 5 defeats in our last 7 there.

I'll support and get behind the team. But I refuse to sing his name. The sooner he leaves, the better.

So you won't be singing "We want Dickov out" and such? Good. Excellent.

I'm massively backing Dickov and the team to put in a really good performance on Saturday. There's rarely a need to boo the manager or call for him to be sacked, and there's definitely no need in Dickov's case. Like bosh says, if - massive if - he does get sacked, he should go with everyone's best wishes and not thinking that Oldham fans are a bunch of reprobates.

I think tbf on Match Day he enjoys more than his fair share of support, in the four games I've been to the young choir have all sang his name and asked him to give them a wave. Although I believe he's had some grief from the main stand...

Edited by oafcprozac

I think tbf on Match Day he enjoys more than his fair share of support, in the four games I've been to the young choir have all sang his name and asked him to give them a wave. Although I believe he's had some grief from the main stand...

Mother Theresa and Nelson Mandela get grief from the main stand.

Really looking forward to Saturday, one of the few matches I can make this season due to work commitments. There's been a lot of discussion this week about how long Dickov has left and I'd say the majority believe that if things continue as they are it won't be long, rightly so imo.

But until then I really hope we get behind Dickov at games and don't turn on him. Whatever his faults are as a manager (it's becoming increasingly clear that he has a fair few) he has represented our club well as his personality and attitude has helped portray our club in a positive light to others. As Dave Penney proved, those qualities can't be taken for granted.

If Dickov fails it won't be for the lack of trying and it'll be worse for his reputation than it'll be for ours. A strong positive show of backing from us might even give him the confidence to try something new that works.

Hi mate how u getting Pompey on Sat?

I looked at the train but good god its expensive, I think I am going to wake up sat morning see how I feel and may go but for me more likely I wont

Hi mate how u getting Pompey on Sat?

I looked at the train but good god its expensive, I think I am going to wake up sat morning see how I feel and may go but for me more likely I wont

Hi mate! Managed to get a ticket from trainline about a week ago, there and back for approx. £25 (two singles, £15 there and £10 back) on young persons railcard. I'm going to Fratton so not sure if that makes a difference or not to the price. Would be good to meet up if you're going!

Cheers

It was a blatant lie, Rob.

Stevenage away, Rochdale away, Brentford away, Bury away, MK Dons away and no doubt on Saturday when Izale McLeod doubles the home sides advantage.

It wasn't mean't to be a blatant lie, though am sure you did maybe though it was a little a bit of fun at that time

Are you going sat though?