Byrne ban overturned

I'd rather Brown be suspended than Byrne so its a positive I think.

We managed without Brown in the first 3 matches defensively so we'll put Tarky in there and hope he can return to the form of around the end of last year where he got MotM on here about 4 matches in a row.

I'd rather Brown be suspended than Byrne so its a positive I think.

We managed without Brown in the first 3 matches defensively so we'll put Tarky in there and hope he can return to the form of around the end of last year where he got MotM on here about 4 matches in a row.

contrary to popular belief, hasn't his form been largely ok this season?

Agree with the calls for Winchester at RB, Tarky did ok when coming on, on Saturday but he was dropped for a reason and should return to the bench. First 15 minutes apart when JYM looked a tad shaky, Byrne and JYM were superb. Tarky's role when he came on as we were beginning to drop deep and concede territory was to face up to the opposition and simply head balls away. That's never really been his problem, it's when he's one against one on a cross or the ball is the deck with someone running at him that we have problems.

Portsmouth did neither of these things, so we saw out the win with ease. What Byrne brings is vocality to the back line. Another reason for including Carl Winchester is his engine, he can run beyond Croft like Brown was doing and has a real chance to stake a claim over the next three games.

Him being at fault for 2 of the 4 goals conceded would tell me that he's not really on form and is a liability. I still think he has potential, the end of last season proved it..

One dodgy backpass.

Which other one was he at fault for? Simpson running away from who he was meant to be marking at MK?

(Good player, lacks concentration - will cost us dear if he doesn't solve it)

Edited by opinions4u

Byrne shouldn't have a red card on his record for something done by someone else.

Not only that it means he's now available for the trip to his ex club Scunny. He would not have wanted to miss that. :grin:

What odds he shows Brown how you really earn a red card at that one? :fighting:

One dodgy backpass.

Which other one was he at fault for? Simpson running away from who he was meant to be marking at MK?

(Good player, lacks concentration - will cost us dear if he doesn't solve it)

I wasn't at MK but I read from this forum he was at fault for the MK goal. There is a reason why Dickov dropped him and subbed him at home. He see's these players more than anybody and he saw that Tarky was not playing well so he took him out. Thats good enough evidence to me for why he has not been at the top of his game.

I wasn't at MK but I read from this forum he was at fault for the MK goal. There is a reason why Dickov dropped him and subbed him at home. He see's these players more than anybody and he saw that Tarky was not playing well so he took him out. Thats good enough evidence to me for why he has not been at the top of his game.

he wasn't at fault for the MK goal and didn't Dickov sub him to change tactics?

'Liability' is a bit strong though isn't it? Especially when you haven't actually seen the MK goal.

'Liability' is a bit strong though isn't it? Especially when you haven't actually seen the MK goal.

Indeed.

The way I've seen the season pan so far - Tarky has had a joint responsibility with Cisak for the 2nd O'Grady goal Vs Sheff Weds, and a joint one again with Cisak for the Stevenage goal.

Others have been more at fault (Grounds, Cisak, Simpson, M'Changama etc) directly for mistakes that have led to goals, but haven't had the stick Tarky has copped for. I don't understand why?

Indeed.

The way I've seen the season pan so far - Tarky has had a joint responsibility with Cisak for the 2nd O'Grady goal Vs Sheff Weds, and a joint one again with Cisak for the Stevenage goal.

Others have been more at fault (Grounds, Cisak, Simpson, M'Changama etc) directly for mistakes that have led to goals, but haven't had the stick Tarky has copped for. I don't understand why?

It's because he's black.

Actually, I think liability is just right for this situation. Being at joint-fault for 2/3 goals in 5 matches as a CB is a cause for concern. Aside from these errors I agree he has played well but if his mistakes are meaning goals are conceded then he is a liability, the definition of the actual word proves that. Compared to Byrne at CB I see Tarky as a step down.

He's 19 years old. He is going to make mistakes but his age is no reason to allow him into the team in place of another player who is less likely to make an error - Byrne.

This argument is irrelevant anyway, because he will almost definitely be playing in the matches that Brown is suspended for and we can judge his performances after those 3.

Edited by NewBlue

Actually, I think liability is just right for this situation. Being at joint-fault for 2/3 goals in 5 matches as a CB is a cause for concern. Aside from these errors I agree he has played well but if his mistakes are meaning goals are conceded then he is a liability, the definition of the actual word proves that.

what about his good play that has prevented us conceding - what does that make him?

do you consider Furman a liability?

what about his good play that has prevented us conceding - what does that make him?

do you consider Furman a liability?

As I said before, I actually think throughout most matches he has played well but his errors have been very costly as they have resulted in goals.

And Furman, of course his backpass was a terrible error from an experienced player but it was literally a one-off. Can we say the same for Tarky? 2 goals have definitely come direclty from his mistakes and 1 has split people's judgements. It would be ludicrous for anybody to say that Tarky hasn't done anything good because his general play has been fine but causing 2/3 goals conceded is just not efficient enough. I feel like you're playing Devil's advocat here, surely you must see that Byrne is better at this moment in time and that we can't continue to have a easy goal scored against us every 2 games.

Edited by NewBlue