Our Start To The Season

I got to be honest I am not that disappointed after 6 games of the season and with a game in hand we sit outside of the drop zone 3 places outside in fact we are on a 3 game unbeaten run picking up 5 points from last 9 available, we have a proper squad at last and competition for places in most areas of the pitch and it seems that a few lessons are finally being learnt and the gaffer is trying new things some yes unsuccessfully.

Yet people still moan but I would have snapped your hand of start of the season we win our game in hand and we go top half FFS!

After Stevenage I was fuming, angry and starting to wonder if this was the start of League2 football for us but instead the staff have rolled up their sleeves and are pulling together

Im not a happy clapper by any means but today I am seeing that we are making progress and that delights me.... Now if only we can find some bloody fans to watch us!

I really think that we will beat Coventry I wonder with the improvement and the chance to see a win whether its worth perhaps having 1/2 tickets for the game to get the fans who aren’t going hopefully interested for one last time to show the above

The people who moan do you really think that we would be in a better position at this stage?

p.s we have also played 4 of the current top 10 including the team 2nd and 3rd and the fav away from home opening day

Edited by laticdickovarmy

If you like to accept season after season of mediocrity that's up to you!

I'm certainly not happy with no wins at home having played Walsall Stevenage Scunthorpe their league positions don't matter at this stage and we have not won any that's poor in my eyes! Portsmouth were very poor and they have lost every home game if we would of not won that we would be winless

Pompey drew with Bournemouth at Fratton Park who at the start of the season were tipped to do very well

Stevenage are far from a bad side they got within a whisker of the play-off final last season just because they are not a big side doesnt mean we should beat them as a given, they are orgainised well set up and play good football with players like Freeman and Akins who IMO ripped us to peices at BP. They have a settled side that have kept the neclus for years of the keeper and CB and added quality to that with hard working players, they will be there or there abouts come May.

That said our preformance against them was dire, u could say we are hard to beat also as only lost 1 of last 5 league games

Pompey drew with Bournemouth at Fratton Park who at the start of the season were tipped to do very well

Stevenage are far from a bad side they got within a whisker of the play-off final last season just because they are not a big side doesnt mean we should beat them as a given, they are orgainised well set up and play good football with players like Freeman and Akins who IMO ripped us to peices at BP. They have a settled side that have kept the neclus for years of the keeper and CB and added quality to that with hard working players, they will be there or there abouts come May.

That said our preformance against them was dire, u could say we are hard to beat also as only lost 1 of last 5 league games

They are a well structured side, indeed. They will be up there again this year.

I've kind of slept on the whole thoughts of the start to the season and have come to the conclusion that there are positives to take away from the last couple of games but we really do need a win against Brentford and we are capable of doing that. We do have abit of depth now which we were lacking. Derbyshire looks like he can bag us goals and we really need to try and extend his loan. Yes, it's a tough league and it is unpredictable but hopefully we can build on the draws and feel abit more motivated. Lose the next couple of matches and I feel that Dickovs time here may be near an end.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC