Scunny sky highlights

I'll wait to get home to see the highlights, is the Smith header you refer to the excellent save from the goalkeeper in front of the RRE? He did miss what looked to be an absolute sitter from the six yard box but I was down in the Chaddy and chances can often look a lot harder on replays than from 100 yars away!

I'll wait to get home to see the highlights, is the Smith header you refer to the excellent save from the goalkeeper in front of the RRE? He did miss what looked to be an absolute sitter from the six yard box but I was down in the Chaddy and chances can often look a lot harder on replays than from 100 yars away!

It is, watching it again it was a cracking header and an even better save (keeper pulled off another stunner for Crofty's effort).

Yeah, he also missed a sitter!

Edited by lancy lad

I asked sky the question

Good Afternoon, I have just watched the highlight on the website of Oldham Athletic vs Scunthorpe (18/09/2012) and I would like to know why the 88th minute disallowed Oldham goal has been omitted from your highlights? The vast majority of the fans present saw no good reason why the goal why disallowed and was the main talking point on exiting the stadium. I have no doubt that if this had happened to a Premier League team it would still be being discussed today, with interviews of everyone involved, the managers, other managers, ex-managers, pundits, ex-pundits, fans outside the ground, an ex-referee and maybe someone who once washed Dwight Yorke’s car! Please can you explain why you have chosen not shown the major talking point of the game in your ‘highlights’? Kind Regard

The answer

Thank you for your feedback.

I have spoken to our video editor regarding this. This video was shot by Oldham Athletic cameramen, who send the footage to an external company. This company edit the full recording, and provide the match highlights for us to use on site. It may be that the disallowed goal was missing from the highlights package we received.

However, our editor is going to look at the footage again to see if it is there, if so, he will edit the video showing on site.

Regards

Joanne

skysports.com