Meanwhile in League One...

Sorry to bring doom and gloom to the forum on the eve of a cup tie with Liverpool but today's League One results have left us one point from the relegation zone having played more games than the teams below us.

Surely we're due a win in the league? I mean, Colchester and even Hartlepool won today. Are we really that bad?

Anyway, it's only just dawned on me that we're genuinely in serious doo doo. If it wasn't for Portsmouth's financial predicament and Hartlepool's woeful season we'd be comfortably in the relegation zone.

Sorry to bring doom and gloom to the forum on the eve of a cup tie with Liverpool but today's League One results have left us one point from the relegation zone having played more games than the teams below us.

Surely we're due a win in the league? I mean, Colchester and even Hartlepool won today. Are we really that bad?

Anyway, it's only just dawned on me that we're genuinely in serious doo doo. If it wasn't for Portsmouth's financial predicament and Hartlepool's woeful season we'd be comfortably in the relegation zone.

So you see Hartlepool (who are definately doomed) beating Pompey away (who are definately in competition with us right now) as a bad result? :censored: me, this board gets worse every day.

Well you said "sorry to bring doom and gloom" and then announced that very result?

Erm... sorry to be doom and gloom but we're one point above the relegation zone?

If it wasn't for Portsmouth and Hartlepool we'd be in deep doo doo? Doesn't that imply that Portsmouth vs Hartlepool was a bit of a nothing game?

Read it again.

Erm... sorry to be doom and gloom but we're one point above the relegation zone?

If it wasn't for Portsmouth and Hartlepool we'd be in deep doo doo? Doesn't that imply that Portsmouth vs Hartlepool was a bit of a nothing game?

Read it again.

No. You are wrong.

Hartlepool's win at Pompey was a :censored:ing majestic result for us today as it means they are now 6 points behind us with 2 games in hand and they are almost certainly candidates (if they get a 10 point penalty) for relegation along with Hartlepool.

I could understand it if you were reporting a Portsmouth win which would have left them 3 points behind us with 2 games in hand???

No. You are wrong.

Hartlepool's win at Pompey was a :censored:ing majestic result for us today as it means they are now 6 points behind us with 2 games in hand and they are almost certainly candidates (if they get a 10 point penalty) for relegation along with Hartlepool.

I could understand it if you were reporting a Portsmouth win which would have left them 3 points behind us with 2 games in hand???

Portsmouth are doomed and, despite a few results early doors, have been all season. They're due a 10 point deduction when they come out of administration which, if you're looking at today's league table, would leave them with 11 points, 16 points from safety.

Portsmouth are doomed and, despite a few results early doors, have been all season. They're due a 10 point deduction when they come out of administration which, if you're looking at today's league table, would leave them with 11 points, 16 points from safety.

Agreed.

And Hartlepool are 11 points adrift of us and wont catch us.......................... so I dont see how their result is doom and gloom?

Keep the Faith.

Lets all have a great day tomorrow!

Agreed.

And Hartlepool are 11 points adrift of us and wont catch us.......................... so I dont see how their result is doom and gloom?

Keep the Faith.

Lets all have a great day tomorrow!

Haha! I didn't say the Portsmouth vs Hartlepool game was doom and gloom for Oldham. If anything, I was saying it wasn't because they're both as good as down!

The Colchester result on the other hand...

9/4 stikes me as good odds! It rather looks like there are 7 teams scraping for three places to avoid relegation. Hartlepool look dead and buried but it is not beyond any team to go on a good run. There are circumstances in which Pompey will not get the 10 points deduction. This is in our own hands we just have to beat Portsmouth, Hartlepool, Shrewsbury, Colchester and Bury - that's why I think the odds are so good!!!

9/4 stikes me as good odds! It rather looks like there are 7 teams scraping for three places to avoid relegation. Hartlepool look dead and buried but it is not beyond any team to go on a good run. There are circumstances in which Pompey will not get the 10 points deduction. This is in our own hands we just have to beat Portsmouth, Hartlepool, Shrewsbury, Colchester and Bury - that's why I think the odds are so good!!!

What are the circumstances?