I fear the worst

Having watched Latics since 1983 I have seen us win promotion and get relagated,the past 15 odd seasons or so have been in league 1 and yeah we have been staring relagation in the face before but always at the back of the mind I have never thought we'd go down but for some reason now I just think we are going to go down,what are other tics thoughts?

It's going to be close and it's not looking good at the moment with our current form but we do have 16 games to turn it around with with a team of half decent players. Based on the fact that we tend not to beat the top half teams this season (18 games, 1 win & 3 draws leading to a measly 6 points from a possible 54) you can look at the fixtures to see where the most realistic points are to come from.

The must win games for us are; Hartlepool, Portsmouth, Colchester & Carlisle at home and Bury, Shrewsbury, Preston & Stevenage away. In a crazy world where we beat all 8 of these would give us 24 points (put us on 51 points and should be safe). However, we won't beat all of these and that's why we need to start to perform against the top sides to give us a chance of staying up.

I think the nasty statistic is that we have yet to beat a team that was in the top 12 when we played them. Yeovil are now 5th, MK Dons are 11th, Stevenage are 15th, Portsmouth are 23rd, Preston are 17th and Sheffield Utd 6th. If past form is correct we will lose the next two games but could pick up points in the three after Everton before Sheffield beat us. I'm trying to avoid the manager word but I have thought we would go down for weeks unless someone says goodbye.

I must admit I'm really worried now, that table doesn't make pleasant viewing, and lots of clubs have a game in hand too.

It's getting to the point where if we keep giving PD a couple more games in the forlorn hope he will turn it around ( and there is no evidence of this whatsoever ) then a new manager will only have a minimal amount of time to save us.