league cup final...

just watchin the highlights of bradford v swansea.. fair play to swansea they totally outclassed bradford on the day. Im just wondering what peoples memories of our big day out was in 1990 v forest. To me i just remember feeling so proud and thats a feeling that i still feel nearly 23 years on

Good professional win by Swansea , penalty decision highlights the difference with premier league decisions and football league,

Bradford goalie sent off for tripping forward yet a few hours earlier Joe Hart doesn't even get a yellow card for same offence.

Also shows what robots refs are today , a while back he would have got a yellow at worst especially when you are a league 2 club and 3 down to a premier team at wembley.

I know people will say that's the rule etc etc so why wasn't it applied to Joe Hart and don't say because the Chelsea player was going away from goal etc etc .

It's the same offence in my book .

But well done Bradford.

Edited by losesome

Well done Bradford, not sure how they have actually played in the earlier rounds (they did well obviously) but I didn't think they got in the faces of Swansea enough and allowed them to play. I think there only chance was to play high pressure football but they stood back and allowed Swansea to pass around them. Didn't change at 1-0 down, didn't have any free kicks or corners and at 2-0 it was all over.

I'd be a little unhappy if I was a Bradford fan that they didn't make a bit more of a go of it.

As for 1990 - my mums first and only football game in the UK, she kept on asking 'who robbed who's father' to the ooh roger palmer chants. Was about 4 rows from the front on those crappy bench seats and couldn't see a thing but loved the atmosphere.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Christ now youre asking. I was only 10 at the time but had been going to Latics for about 4 years and recall alot of that era pretty well but I think the League Cup final had in me awe so much that it feels like a hazy dream, I recall we went on the coach with my whole family (normally it was just me and my dad) and seeing Forest Coaches over take us en route (this is strange though as I cant for the life of me understand why a coach from Oldham and a coach from Nottingham would even cross paths getting to Wembley. I recall parking up outside but not walking up Wembley way.... Strange.

Inside the ground seeing the teams walk out, making lots of noise and Nigel Gemsons goal going in and thinking/knowing that was it, we wouldnt come back this time and do the impossible :( I dont recall the journey home either, maybe I started drinking from an early age hence my awful memory.

Getting lost at Half-time looking for the way back from the toilet (I was only 6).

Going round Luton twice in the diversions because the M1 was shut, think our coach driver missed the turn. (No M40 in those days so Oldham and Forest fans were mainly travelling the same way).

Neil Adams nearly scoring in the first minute.

Both sets of fans staying to applaud both sets of players on their laps of honour, much like yesterday.

In a football league game the same incident would have resulted in a red card for the goalie !!

The offence is denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. Swansea player was round the keeper with an empty net. Chelsea player going away from goal with a defender on the line. Simple.

In a football league game the same incident would have resulted in a red card for the goalie !!

As Mikey said - though if the keeper did get sent of in a FL game, it would perhaps explain why the ref isn't of PL standard.