So what's the total cash windfall from cup run ?

1.2 million apparently?

Can't argue with that.

My estimate ...

Prize money: £202,500

TV money: £480,000

Gate receipts (3rd round onwards, after VAT): £450,000

Total £1,132,500 plus a few pounds extra for Brentford, MK Dons and Portsmouth home games. Doubtless the club shop has done brisker trade too and hopefully there's been a bit more in advertising and sponsorship revenue.

Perhaps put in to context, I'd guess we're 500 a game down on attendances this season. That's £10k a fortnight gone. Corney's probably going to mention player bonuses and increased police, stewarding and office costs too.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the new stand planning permission has gone in with the FA Cup run in full swing and my guess is that any positive benefit will get invested in this project. It would be nice if it could stretch to restructuring the management of the playing side, bringing in more season ticket holders and a punchier playing budget for a couple of seasons.

I'm not totally convinced it's enough to do everything. But it's better than going out in the first round!

Edited by opinions4u