Scraping results

Sheffield United came to Boundary Park and scraped a result (be it with refereeing luck), Brentford never got out of 3rd gear but won, Tranmere have done it home and away, Doncaster scraped a win at the Keepmoat, Coventry did as well in both fixtures, Crewe and even Bury.

Why can't we do it?

I said with 30 minutes gone today that we'd lose 1-0; you just knew what was going to happen and they were a :censored:e team as well. We had a few bad decisions from the referee (2 blatant penalties) and Baxter's free-kick but we created nothing in reality. We lacked any sort of invention and basically lost from a very sloppy piece of defending as their midfielder strolled through a huge gap to get a shot on goal where he really should've been pressured.

We showed a little bit of fight near the end but yet again, like under Dickov, it was of little effect. Those parts of the game where we seem to be in it but don't capitalise on possession stats are really all show. They mean nothing. Grounds is good player (had a poor game by his standards today) but he isn't a fighter when we need it, nor is Croft, Obita, Barnard, Furman and dare I say Wes isn't the sort of player that thrives when a game is tight.

The players are decent and have looked a match for most teams in a poor league but the team isn't. First time this season I've genuinely felt like we're destined for relegation.

Edited by NewBlue