Sunday 16 June Essex v Lancs, Chelmsford Pro40

Markoasis

well its a good excuse for a get together / drinkies in the off season .... a trip to Chelmsford to watch Lancs play. Trains go from Liverpool St / stratford and take around 20/25 minutes. The ground is about 10 minutes walk from the station via a pub or two.

Nice little ground went there last year when we played them in the same comp.

Any takers?????

Lancs play in Guildford the Sunday before... may be working but will try to go to this as well

• 3 weeks later...

"The second Chelmsford Cricket Festival takes place in the middle of June. The week will be packed full of varying entertainment before the game and during the intervals, something for every taste! More details to follow in 2013. It’s your festival so email your suggestions to questions@essexcricket.org.uk

Lancashire provide the opposition, firstly in the LV= County Championship (Wednesday 12– Saturday 15 June).

The Eagles and Lancashire Lightning then take to the field in the Yorkshire Bank 40 for the Festival climax – Sunday 16 June."

• £10 for any day, £13 on the gates!!! Usually £20 .. so £10 or £7 more for beer

Got mine ........... it's also 'our' festival so what shall we ask them for??

Edited by Markoasis

"The second Chelmsford Cricket Festival takes place in the middle of June. The week will be packed full of varying entertainment before the game and during the intervals, something for every taste! More details to follow in 2013. It’s your festival so email your suggestions to questions@essexcricket.org.uk

Lancashire provide the opposition, firstly in the LV= County Championship (Wednesday 12– Saturday 15 June).

The Eagles and Lancashire Lightning then take to the field in the Yorkshire Bank 40 for the Festival climax – Sunday 16 June."

• £10 for any day, £13 on the gates!!! Usually £20 .. so £10 or £7 more for beer

Got mine ........... it's also 'our' festival so what shall we ask them for??

Anyone know the train situation? Getting anywhere in London on a Sunday is usually a massive :censored:about - Gawd knows what it's like getting to the countryside.

Doesn't seem to be any issue with the trains.

32 mins from Stratford, they usually start at Liverpool St. There's one around 11.30 I think we're getting from stratford, about 15 mins walk to ground.

Also you can bring in four cans of beer.... no limits on bottles of LL's special juice

Edited by Markoasis

Hello. I could be up for watching some cricket with a few cans.

Is there a contingent going to Guildford next Sunday too or are we all just sticking to Chelmsford?

I'm working this Sunday (although would have been playing cricket otherwise)

What's going on with this then - train time, M&S green lager acceptable, etc?

I'm going .........

on either: 11.39 or 12.09 from Stratford, which I'm assuming are 11.32 / 12.32 from Liverpool St.

I should now exact time tonight, but suspect it'll be the 12.09!!

Do you have my number?