Tranmere v Bournemouth

Just seen that Tranmere have refused to allow Bournemouth to be presented with the trophy at Prenton Park on Saturday if they win the league.

What a joke. If a team wins the league they fully deserve to be presented with the trophy at the final game. There's 2,000 Bournemouth fans going to the match and they deserve to see the presentation.

As an aside, I looked to see what the Tranmere fans made of it and found this. There's some comedy gold in here. Who do they think they are?

http://www.thefootba...tm?730,13985017

Edited by Latics & England

This is my favourite post:

"Signing Cassidy is easier said than done. personally if Baxter is out of contract get him instead. proven frontman and has played at Tranmere before and with Wallace before.

I could understand intially him being viewed as an attacking midfielder and not being what was required, but after 4 months of scoring for Oldham, Tranmere could have signed him after using Oldham as a way to prove what he could do.

If Eaves got released from Bolton, then perhaps sign him after a few trial games, or if Liverpool released Ngoo, or would loan him out, try him pre-season with a view ot some kind of deal."

Just taken this gem of a quote from Trannies messageboard.

"We might win 6-0 , Doncaster win 1-0 and Brentford win 2-0 after all that Bournmouth down to the play offs,oh and pigs might fly"

Anyone else see the slight problem with this statement?

Just taken this gem of a quote from Trannies messageboard.

"We might win 6-0 , Doncaster win 1-0 and Brentford win 2-0 after all that Bournmouth down to the play offs,oh and pigs might fly"

Anyone else see the slight problem with this statement?

Brentford are playing Doncaster

I wonder if we would have allowed a visiting team to be presented with the trophy following our last home match? In order to do so, we'd need to keep the pitch clear which would have cost extra in stewards & police. Unless the visitors were going to stump up for it, I reckon we'd tell them to go home and celebrate.

I wonder if we would have allowed a visiting team to be presented with the trophy following our last home match? In order to do so, we'd need to keep the pitch clear which would have cost extra in stewards & police. Unless the visitors were going to stump up for it, I reckon we'd tell them to go home and celebrate.

That is a very fair point. But let's consider that the club were going to give Everton the whole of the RRE on police advice.

Even when we won a title on our own ground it was far from trouble free. There was a very very long line of police horses stopping the few Wednesday fans who had got on to the plastic from getting near our fans and a bit of aggro involving the police on top.