England v Ireland?

First of all sorry if its in the wrong section but the other parts of this forum are dead.

Anyone going? If so what's the crack with train times? The only train after the match is at midnight and this won't arrive in Manchester until 8 am, surely that's a cock-up on the website? This will be my first time going to Wembley and I think it's ridiculous also all the England matches coming up are on a Friday/Wednesday night which is a ball ache for anyone living outside of London.

The train time is right. It probably involves you sitting in a station for six hours overnight.

Anyway, book your train via PlayerShare WebShop and Latics get a percentage of the fare.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Virgin+trains&order=alpha&page=A

Same with a hotel if you decide to make a night of it.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Hotels.com&order=alpha&page=search

It has been in the news recently about how awkward the train times are for visiting Wembley (City and Wigan fans will have to stay overnight during the f.a cup final if they want to watch the trophy presentation as kick-off is not till tea time to boost t.v revenue), you're probably best making a night of it.

I presumed it was made akward due to it being a Sunday, looks like we'll have to get a coach which means no dicking around before/after the match.

:censored: Wembley! :censored: the FA! It's made worse that all our matches are on Wednesday/Friday evenings! Saturday afternoon and we'd have no problem!

A good few Oldham fans going most i know staying over although not alot of cheap places. Have you tickets arrived yet mine havent? About ten Oldham fans going we stayed over after England v Wales was a good crack.

Booking them later today, I would prefer to stay but it's all down to money (£100ish for a hotel could get me to England v Scotland next month)

Regarding your tickets apparently they don't get sent out till 2 weeks before the event.

Edited by ChaddyKid

Sadly the fans are, as we all know, the least important factor when organising games. When Saturday internationals were moved to Friday nights that was the final piece of evidence.

Unfortunately, as others have said, there are no trains back after midweek games. If you book early enough you can normally find a hotel cheap enough (Travelodge at Euston and a few of the budget brands around Wembley are popular). Sadly you've probably left it too late for the Ireland game. Trains are cheap enough when booked in advance too. I usually go mid afternoon on the day and come back the following morning for £22 return. It means that even with the hotel, beer and match ticket the whole day costs about a ton. Expensive but not ridiculous.

Your best bet is probably the National Express which heads straight back to Manchester after the game. I've never used it but know plenty who have.#

If you've not done Wembley before, try to get there early enough to have a few beers (Green Man and JJ Moons are probably the best pubs) and then soak up the atmosphere outside. If you get the tube to Wembley Park you will be right at the end of Wembley Way. Alternatively the overground to Wembley Central is better for the pubs.

As Tom said, there's plenty orf Latics fans going down for this game. Have fun.

Thanks for the info, will deffo book early for the Scotland game...the coach is due to arrive at 5:30 so should be plenty of time beforehand.

Wanna try to do England games more often, I went v Denmark at Old Trafford back in 03? and was brilliant!

Mark any idea when Scotland tickets go on sale?

No. I'm amazed that they haven't announced it yet. I can only imagine that they want to get the Ireland ticket sale out of the way first. If that's the case the members sale will probably be 1st week in June with the general sale a week or two later.

I presumed it was made akward due to it being a Sunday, looks like we'll have to get a coach which means no dicking around before/after the match.

:censored: Wembley! :censored: the FA! It's made worse that all our matches are on Wednesday/Friday evenings! Saturday afternoon and we'd have no problem!

The idea of making Weds and Fridays the international matchdays is one of FIFAs bright ideas isn't it?