New Stand Ownership

people will use the gym purely because its at Oldham Athletic.

the new stand will (although only being temporary) increase attendances as people will 'want to see what its like'.

If the club is not benefitting I won't be using any of it if that's the game that's being played.

If the club is not benefitting I won't be using any of it if that's the game that's being played.

I'd say the club is benefitting as somebody has said earlier on, the choices are let our current benefactor build it whilst they recoup their losses (can't blame them for doing that) or have three sides. as fans we don't have a say because its not our club.

The gym over the road (DW) is rapidly going downhill. I left about a year ago because I was using the one at work more so it wasn't cost effective to go just for the steam room and jacuzzi (but oh ow i miss them). I was reading a Facebook thread only last week about someone cancelling his membership at DW because machines were out if order all the time, the steam room and jacuzzi were always on the blink, etc. If Latics do it right, pool or no pool, theŷ could poach a hell of a lot of customers from DW. If it had sauna and steam facilities I'd probably join.

Also, for me it has to be a Latics gym though and not a franchise. Surely nobody would rent the space, fit it out with a gym, then pay for all staff and overheads if there was no profit in it. Similarly, they wouldn't do it if there was even a little profit in it. Therefore it makes more sense to run it themselves? Make some bloody cash!

1000 members at £30 per month. That's £360k a year. Most of whom will pay their cash then hardly use the facilities. If you have the capital to fund it in the first place then it's a gold mine, in my opinion.

It brings us back to the do it right thing though. If its not as big, or not as good, or doesn't have as good facilities than the one over the road, then nobody but a Latics fan would be daft enough to spend their hard earned on a membership.

Kevin Costner again...... If you build it they will come..........

If you build it but its a bit :censored:, then they won't.

1000 members at £30 per month. That's £360k a year. Most of whom will pay their cash then hardly use the facilities. If you have the capital to fund it in the first place then it's a gold mine, in my opinion.

Even if we had 1000 takers at £30 it would take us at least 4 years to make any investment back.

I can't wait for the thread on here when we sell Baxter and buy a load of treadmills.

Edited by Twisbrogan

Agreed..If they made an investment what's wrong with trying to get something back in return?...It's also in theirs and the clubs interest to make full use of the facilities to maximise this return.

Even if we had 1000 takers at £30 it would take us at least 4 years to make any investment back.

I can't wait for the thread on here when we sell Baxter and buy a load of treadmills.

Ha ha, can just see the headline. Jose Goesy For New Jacuzzi.......

Seriously though, it would take a franchise even longer to make any money as they would be paying rent on top, so if Fitness First or whoever are prepared to do it then there must be money in it?

So does our owner. He isn't short of a few bob even if he chooses not to spend it on bringing Ronaldo and Rooney to the club.

Actually, now I've said that, I've actually no idea how much he's worth! Maybe he can't afford it?

Yes but Fitness First. or A N Other, have the capital to invest in the new gym.

As well as the ability to fit a gym out at a fraction of the cost that we would. This is only the gym as well. It's most likely that the other service lines that would be available from the new stand (such as a bar, conferencing ) would also be more effectively and efficiently run by third parties.

I'll take a punt - the gym will be a PureGym.

Budget gym model, expanding like crazy at the moment.

I've been told by a source that the gym will be a PureGym.

Therefore this must be a fact and should be relied upon to inform idle speculation. Feel free to rant about this decision.

As is customary I will add:-

THIS IS A FACT!

I blame Simon Corney / God / The Ayatollah / Barry / Sue Barker.

It's a shambles, that sort of Gym will never work and will lead to huge losses for the club, unless the rent / liability is not the club's and is Corney's in which case it will be a raving success and will see him riding off into the sunset on board his new lear jet paid for by THE FANS

Edited by real