After Derby isn't everyone underestimating our defence?

I'm not.

Whilst i can see flaws in it / the way it's set up,

Its clear to me its central to the whole team shape and style of play.

We will be playing a high line, the full back will be told to push on, we will see the CB's bring the ball out and pass it / drive it forward, Oxley will be rolling the ball out short to the defenders over ling punts...

I'm all for it.

I'm not.

Whilst i can see flaws in it / the way it's set up,

Its clear to me its central to the whole team shape and style of play.

We will be playing a high line, the full back will be told to push on, we will see the CB's bring the ball out and pass it / drive it forward, Oxley will be rolling the ball out short to the defenders over ling punts...

I'm all for it.

I think most will agree the way johnson has set us up to play - and i include the defence in this - is the right way. However most are questioning the personnel being put into the defencive rolls

I think most will agree the way johnson has set us up to play - and i include the defence in this - is the right way. However most are questioning the personnel being put into the defencive rolls

Whilst I understand what you are saying I think its pretty ambitious to expect us to find a Gregan esque style defender with the ball playing capabilities of Mellor. Especially on what budget we have left.

I'm ok with the style thats set up. If our attack is as good as everyone keeps saying our defenders shouldnt have too much to do during a game ;)

Whilst I understand what you are saying I think its pretty ambitious to expect us to find a Gregan esque style defender with the ball playing capabilities of Mellor. Especially on what budget we have left.

I'm ok with the style thats set up. If our attack is as good as everyone keeps saying our defenders shouldnt have too much to do during a game ;)

I'm really keen to see how we do on Saturday -against a fellow League One "nice" side.

We've so far played against Westley's physical set of direct ball thugs; and shipped 3 goals but still won. We've then gone up against a very strong Championship side in Derby, and whilst we finished with a 1 nil loss; in all honesty; it could have been more.

I see Walsall as a side who will be a good gauge of where we're at as a team - both defence and attack.

Interested watcher on Saturday - i hope i see what i think we are capable of; high line and high press and a couple of goals. But, i'm also realistic enough to realise i might be the opposite.

Come Sat night, we should know a lot more of where we're at with LJ's young & exciting side.

We've so far played against Westley's physical set of direct ball thugs; and shipped 3 goals but still won. We've then gone up against a very strong Championship side in Derby, and whilst we finished with a 1 nil loss; in all honesty; it could have been more.

I came away from Tuesday's game pretty worried about the defence, although pretty pleased with the rest of the team.

However the more I've thought about it the more I've realised that the majority of scary moments came with Derby's (relatively) intelligent use of the ball over the top/in behind the full back, capitalising on their pace advantage in the forward positions. I don't recall them passing or running it through us.

I'm not sure we'll face that too often in League One, so maybe our defence will prove to be more solid than many of us expect. As you say, it will certainly be interesting tomorrow.

We're only 2 games into a 46 game season but today's game could be the catalyst for what's to come.

Although it backfired on Ronnie and his men last season as they limped over the line with a series of unimpressive displays and poor results, an early run in the league can be a huge boost to any team's chances of getting out of

this hell-hole of a dvision.

Johnson believes there won't be many teams above Walsall at the end of the season, so today will give us a decent idea of where we stand as a League One outfit.