We'll win today.....

You say Adam didn't win the physical battle but he won nigh on every header yesterday. What we didn't do was gamble and like Matt Smith last season no one got in around him to benefit from those flick ons and headers won. If Charlie Mac had been fit enough to start we would have scored three or four goals in that game.

I want to see more from Dayton, he's undoubtedly a great talent but my 81 year old Grandma could knock him off the ball.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of our lot thought Tarky :censored: out as he was worried about colliding with the post, all I saw was Mills' slight touch causing a deviation that a fully committed Tarky could just not reach. He reaction at the end was definitely not one of a :censored:-out, he was visibly distraught. But if we'd put quality like that in there all game then we would have got something from the game.

LJ needs to decide whether he wants Baxter or not, as he's simply shoe-horning him into the team at the moment and we're the worse for it imo. Like the back end of last season for all JB's quality we look more of a unit without him. Can you we continually carry his luxury by constantly switching him around or do we play two proper midfielders, two wingers and two strikers?

I'm one of JB's biggest fans, but the team is more important, so just how do we accommodate him in the way LJ wants us to play?[/quot

Agreed. I feel like he's played wherever they can fit in him, for that; 'moment of magic' which he's undoubtedly capable of, but for me he's very much a confidence player. If he doesn't start well, he'll drift out of the game. For a player of his ability he's had very little influence on the last 3 games.

Rooney as well hasn't had a big enough impact so far. I'm not overly concerned about the fact he hasn't scored; it's his performance. Is he bringing enough to the side to be a guaranteed pick?? Which both of them are, no matter what Johnson says about no one's place is safe.

Which begs the question?

Will Johnson have the balls to rotate his squad so early? (Seeing as he said he has an embarrassing amount of options going forward) Drop Baxter an Rooney for a game an maybe play millar behind macdonald?

An no it's not a witch hunt. An yes I do realise we're only four games in. It's just an opinion.

Just noticed this in the official site write up:

Connor Brown provided the perfect delivery from the right and his far-post cross was headed home by MacDonald who ghosted in at the far post.

Who is actually responsible for the articles on the main site? What English language qualifications do they have?

You say Adam didn't win the physical battle but he won nigh on every header yesterday. What we didn't do was gamble and like Matt Smith last season no one got in around him to benefit from those flick ons and headers won. If Charlie Mac had been fit enough to start we would have scored three or four goals in that game.

I want to see more from Dayton, he's undoubtedly a great talent but my 81 year old Grandma could knock him off the ball.

Fair point about Rooney Prozac. I think what I was trying to say was that he might've won the first header but because he was isolated the majority of things that went through him were being dealt with comfortably. Not his fault as that was one negative about the formation.

If we are going to change things next week (which I hope we do) then going two up top with MacDonald supporting Rooney has to be the first change. It's between Baxter and Dayton for who he replaces. Taking Baxter out would make it an orthodox 4-4-2 which would probably be effective but, as my non-Latic mate who was watching said, Baxter might benefit from drifting in from the flank and taking some of the attacking emphasis away from him. Dayton needs to prove that he has the end product from open play (his corners were decent) to warrant a place in the team regularly.

One other thing that I didn't think about on Saturday, Baxter was struggling with an injury earlier in the week. His lack of sharpness was probably down to that rather than a lack of motivation.