Picture Quiz - Identify the stadium/match.

No offence meant to you I_C - I knew you were joking but I forgot to add the wink before dashing out.

Saw it as a good opportunity to get a dig in at some of the Scots! All Scots football fans are portrayed as lovable lads and lassies who like a drink, unlike the horrible English who are all classed as drunken hooligans.

No offence taken Diego. Just thought it was a bit off tangent!

Any more clues or am I going to have to bribe oafc_ok to get the answer? :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any more clues or am I going to have to bribe oafc_ok to get the answer? :)

oafc_ok knows he'll be stuck for a lift to Latics' matches if he gives the game away! :lipsrsealed2:

I thought we could keep it going until the first pre-season friendly if nobody guesses it. Nobody has even guessed the country yet! However, I can sense the frustration both you and davegtt are experiencing - the trouble is the 'youth' of today has no staying power!! :bored:

So the clue is:

The scorer of one of the goals in the game about to take place at this stadium when the photo was taken could be confused with a food.

There now, I've given it away - I'm too easy on you all! :idea:

You'll kick yourselves and feel :stupid: when you know where it is.

There I am criticising the 'youth' of today for having no staying power, and up pops a 16 year old girl with the correct answer. :applause1:

Still a chance for someone else to remove some of the embarrassment by naming the match. :grin:

Well done carrabanna!

U21 Finals Group Match 20/5/2002

Italy 2 England 1

Massimo Maccarone (2) is the edible goalscorer!

For a bonus point, Gareth Barry scored for England.

Well done carrabanna!

U21 Finals Group Match 20/5/2002

Italy 2 England 1

Massimo Maccarone (2) is the edible goalscorer!

For a bonus point, Gareth Barry scored for England.

At last..........CORRECT!! I made it too easy.

davegtt almost had it with the first guess way back three pages ago. He got the teams and the competition right but not the venue and the match. All he or anyone else had to do was think outside the box, as I kept saying.

Stand up all those kicking themselves. :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Thanks, I'll give it a rest for now and see what I can find among my souvenirs for another one in the future.

Cheers , look forward to it

And as he celebrated kindly ran right past my Latics flag, so it could be seen on TV!

Thanks to the strategic placing of the flag. :England:

In the first game against Switzerland, the flag was also seen in the Swiss end when Defoe scored after about 5 minutes. Here Mrs Sideburns stands proudly by the flag before the kick-off, but I had to remove it after Defoe's goal, when the Swiss fans started to untie it. We were in the wrong end of the stadium because the agent who sold us the tickets was incompetent.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1137/558365...67f0b1a.jpg?v=0

This picture is the Swiss mascot. That's a massive heavy frame hooked onto his shoulders with cow bells and flags attached.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1137/558098...1b8f65a.jpg?v=0