life after jose

I'm gutted we've lost Jose, but I'm more gutted that we've lost a fans favourite than an integral part of our plan. As has been said I think it's pretty clear Johnson has been preparing his squad with this potential move in his mind. Baxter is class, but I'm confident that with the squad we have plus an addition or two we will play entertaining football and have a good season.

We won't make the play offs though, regardless of Baxter. There's a lot of wild optimism swishing around this forum and it's scaring me.

I'm gutted we've lost Jose, but I'm more gutted that we've lost a fans favourite than an integral part of our plan. As has been said I think it's pretty clear Johnson has been preparing his squad with this potential move in his mind. Baxter is class, but I'm confident that with the squad we have plus an addition or two we will play entertaining football and have a good season.

We won't make the play offs though, regardless of Baxter. There's a lot of wild optimism swishing around this forum and it's scaring me.

I prefer it to the irrational pessimism that appears at times

Edited by LaticsPete

Nah, a massive blow was him leaving in January and us playing Morecambe and Newport County this season rather than Wolves and Sheff United.

Considering we were in danger of that even with Jose, I think we've done pretty well out of this. It's a setback, but considering how well we played without him last week, to come from behind and win and the chances we created, we're far from doomed. And we've the promise of new signings to strengthen our squad and hopefully defence.

Better than losing him at the end of January when we've settled the team around him.

Absolutely spot on.

I was just thinking the very same thing regarding Stainrod. Swings and roundabouts as it always will be.

I remember Palmer being slated in the first couple of years by our "knowlegable" fans :) Things really don't change that much