corney - a year on.

Last year around this time i made a post on hear asking simon corney to put up or shut up. Some agreed with me some didnt. But it lead to great debate as to what he brought to the club. I felt we were at a stage where there was a total lack of investment in key areas on and off the pitch and the club was being left to stagnate with little concern being shown from the top. I basically requested simon either invests in the club to bring us to a level appropriate for this league or actively put the club up for sale.

A year on i believe simon has truely outdone himself. Since the appointment of lee johnson corney has backed him to the hilt. We have never seen a squad with so much depth and that has been supported off the field with a real push in the marketing of the club commercially. Not every decision will be successful but i think the way in which simon has gone about things has been great and im the first one to congratulate him on this.

Thank you simon here is hoping your imput will be rewarded soon

Edited by philliggi

Last year around this time i made a post on hear asking simon corney to put up or shut up. Some agreed with me some didnt. But it lead to great debate as to what he brought to the club. I felt we were at a stage where there was a total lack of investment in key areas on and off the pitch and the club was being left to stagnate with little concern being shown from the top. I basically requested simon either invests in the club to bring us to a level appropriate for this league or actively put the club up for sale.

A year on i believe simon has truely outdone himself. Since the appointment of lee johnson corney has backed him to the hilt. We have never seen a squad with so much depth and that has been supported off the field with a real push in the marketing of the club commercially. Not every decision will be successful but i think the way in which simon has gone about things has been great and im the first one to congratulate him on this.

Good intentions and while undoubtedly Corney has backed LJ, I think the size and shape of the squad is 80% LJ being a clever cookie.

Hmm... Backed to the hilt? I'd think our wage bill is lower than last years.

I'm not having a pop, but look at it objectively.

Furman, Simpson, Croft, Cisak and Baxter have all gone, they were supposedly our 5 biggest earners. We got a fee for Furman (as donny went up) and we got a fee for Baxter.

Adam Rooney will be on a fair bit, but the rest of the squad probably wont be on that much. I doubt so anyway. Korey Smith maybe too?

Edited by pukka

Hmm... Backed to the hilt? I'd think our wage bill is lower than last years.

I'm not having a pop, but look at it objectively.

Furman, Simpson, Croft, Cisak and Baxter have all gone, they were supposedly our 5 biggest earners. We got a fee for Furman (as donny went up) and we got a fee for Baxter.

Adam Rooney will be on a fair bit, but the rest of the squad probably wont be on that much. I doubt so anyway. Korey Smith maybe too?

I call that shrewd business.

Glad you've changed your mind but I don't think he's dug any deeper for Johnson than he did for Dickov.

Johnson just seems to have invested it more wisely (so far).

Moore got Wellens and Porter, Beckett, Liddell. Shez got Gregan, Davies, Kilkenny, O'Grady and Windass. Penney got Furman and Colbeck. Dickov got Amos, Baxter, Kuqi, Mvoto, Derbyshire. All big wages or notable fees. Corney has backed the managers.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Its not just about him backing managers though is it. My point was this time last year the club was seemingly being left to rot from fhe bottom upwards. And i mean every area of the club not just playing staff which for some reason this thread is being turned into. Cutbacks were being made and you could see us becoming a league 2 club sooner rather than later. Both in our playkng staff and off the field operation. Now we are looking the other way and while we are someway off being anything near a championship club we are making great strides. I have heard great things in the pipeline for the new stand and if it continues we will be a happy fanbase.