Changes for Swindon?

People want him to pick his best team and stick to it. Yet ask everyone on here what the best team is and you'd struggle to get 2 people to agree.

For me it's a transition season with a new manager learning the ropes and a young team mostly on settled contracts. If we click by January and have a late run to the play offs then that's a bonus. If not then I'm confident we'll do enough to stay up relatively comfortably.

If we're having the same discussion in 12 months time then that's when to start to worry.

Under PD the young players never got time and a 5-game run in the side and then were labelled not good enough. PD has been proved wrong with Tarky, Mellor and to a lesser extent Winchester and Millar.

Now we are saying that he needs to chop and change until he finds his best XI. Well I'm saying it's impossible to find a first XI without giving the players a chance to embed an understanding, which means sticking to an unchanged side where possible for a good few games.

Under PD the young players never got time and a 5-game run in the side and then were labelled not good enough. PD has been proved wrong with Tarky, Mellor and to a lesser extent Winchester and Millar.

Now we are saying that he needs to chop and change until he finds his best XI. Well I'm saying it's impossible to find a first XI without giving the players a chance to embed an understanding, which means sticking to an unchanged side where possible for a good few games.

I wasn't saying that he has to chop and change, just that I'm willing to allow him time to experiment.

He needs to stick with Rooney for a few games and definitely Danny P and Winchester as a right-hand side. Dayton will start again and is solid enough for an hour, Only changes would be JCH for Millar and the enforced change at the back with Mills/Mellor coming in at LB (Grounds CB for Tarky who again was immense).