The penalties that weren't

One of the most blatant handballs I've ever seen. Stranded on the ground, he deliberately put up his arm in anticipation of the cross. Should have been a penalty and sending off. Our luck must turn one of these days - although it's the huge number of wasted chances by the forwards that is the big worry. A replacement for Rooney/Macdonald is essential in January. Mac isn't going to be fit for more than a dozen league games and Rooney won't score more than ten goals all season. If we rely on Philly, with a few from JCH and the odd defender and midfielder, then relegation is possible, particularly as injuries to the better players are staring to mount.

It's refereeing like this that is driving fans away and make no mistake. If you think I am over exaggerating I know of examples. Latic's do not get a fair rub of the green and it's about time the club/fans found out why. Both assistant and referee were in prime positions to see the penalty in extra time. It was as stonewall as they come. It was nothing short of scandalous. I am still utterly stunned it wasn't given. I am a life long Latic's fan and I am genuinely today questioning why I am going anymore.

I think you are wrong on this one, yes we get awful decisions but so do all the other teams, I've seen more than enough dodgy stuff go in out favour and at other matches not involving latics to know it's not just us. Against Bradford our commentary team were stunned that they didn't get a pen and that Plummer didn't get a second yellow so there is 2 recent decisions that have gone our way just off the top of my head.

Yes it's annoying but don't let it question why you go. It's an inevitable part of the game that refs will call things wrong I'm afraid.

I think you are wrong on this one, yes we get awful decisions but so do all the other teams, I've seen more than enough dodgy stuff go in out favour and at other matches not involving latics to know it's not just us. Against Bradford our commentary team were stunned that they didn't get a pen and that Plummer didn't get a second yellow so there is 2 recent decisions that have gone our way just off the top of my head.

Yes it's annoying but don't let it question why you go. It's an inevitable part of the game that refs will call things wrong I'm afraid.

I accept that's your opinion, but in the round Latics will not/do not get what say a Man Scum get.

PM jacko and ask him what Mark Halsey had to say during a spokesman's dinner since he was retired......you may change your mind.