Worrying Facts

- Second worst form in League One - DLLDDL (3 points in 6 league games with a goal difference of -4)

- No league wins since 26/11/2013 (Shrewsbury 1-2 Oldham)

- No home league wins since 26/10/2013 (Oldham 2-1 Swindon)

- Failed to score 3+ goals in a league game since 24/8/2013 (Oldham 3-1 Port Vale)

- Failed to score 2+ goals in a league game since 26/11/2013 (Shrewsbury 1-2 Oldham)

- The opposing team has scored first in 16 out of 23 games

- Lost 11 games where the opponents have scored first

- Won 2 games where the opponents have scored first

Edit: Oldham have conceded the first goal in 70% of league games, the worst record in League One

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

- Second worst form in League One - DLLDDL (3 points in 6 league games with a goal difference of -4)

- No league wins since 26/11/2013 (Shrewsbury 1-2 Oldham)

- No home league wins since 26/10/2013 (Oldham 2-1 Swindon)

- Failed to score 3+ goals in a league game since 24/8/2013 (Oldham 3-1 Port Vale)

- Failed to score 2+ goals in a league game since 26/11/2013 (Shrewsbury 1-2 Oldham)

Beat me to it.

Relegation form if ever I saw it and looking at our next few fixtures, it becomes even more worrying....

Liverpool, will be a hammering....

Stevenage, another one on paper we should be winning, but see Col U, Shrewsbury etc.

Walsall/Port Vale, two teams bang in form.

Peterborough/Wolves....GULP!!!

Not to worry Feb brings Swindon, Bristol City and MK Dons.....GULP!!!

- The opposing team has scored first in 16 out of 23 games

- Lost 11 games where the opponents have scored first

- Won 2 games where the opponents have scored first

Edit: Oldham have conceded the first goal in 70% of league games, the worst record in League One

Right, time for an opinion.

These are the 2 most worrying stats, for me. We're destined for the drop if we continue to concede with no comeback. Conceding first in 70% of games is a disgrace.

Do we look to tighten up the defence or do we look to score more? Or both?

Beat me to it.

Relegation form if ever I saw it and looking at our next few fixtures, it becomes even more worrying....

Liverpool, will be a hammering....

Stevenage, another one on paper we should be winning, but see Col U, Shrewsbury etc.

Walsall/Port Vale, two teams bang in form.

Peterborough/Wolves....GULP!!!

Not to worry Feb brings Swindon, Bristol City and MK Dons.....GULP!!!

The same Peterborough who haven't won in their last 6 away games, Stevenage have a worse record than us in the last 6 games, Wolves who we've beaten this season (OK they had a few players missing for whatever reason but so did we). Walsall and Port Vale are 7th and 8th in the table but only 8th and 9th in the league table, so not sure how you can say they are bang in form and we beat Port Vale earlier in the season. Bristol City are below us, and we got a draw at their place. We've beaten Swindon at home and they are quite inconsistent this season. MK Dons have a worse home record than we do in our last 6 respective games at home.

I can see what you are saying but you are manipulating some facts and exaggerating the negatives to suit your pessimistic agenda. The fact that we haven't won in our last 6 games means we are probably due a turnaround in form, see I can exaggerate the positives too, only life tends to be abut more fun if you look to the positives rather than focusing on the negatives, I suggest you try it.

Right, time for an opinion.

These are the 2 most worrying stats, for me. We're destined for the drop if we continue to concede with no comeback. Conceding first in 70% of games is a disgrace.

Do we look to tighten up the defence or do we look to score more? Or both?

Aside from a couple of individual errors (Plummer v Col U, Brown v Shrews) and 2 beauties (Baxter & Baker) we have generally looked pretty solid at the back, hence why we have only lost by 2 goals twice this season.

If we had someone who could be clinical in front of goal consistently we would have won comfortably yesterday and probably taken 3 points at Cov and Sheff Utd...

Goals win games, simple! Get another forward in!

Aside from a couple of individual errors (Plummer v Col U, Brown v Shrews) and 2 beauties (Baxter & Baker) we have generally looked pretty solid at the back, hence why we have only lost by 2 goals twice this season.

If we had someone who could be clinical in front of goal consistently we would have won comfortably yesterday and probably taken 3 points at Cov and Sheff Utd...

Goals win games, simple! Get another forward in!

^ This

The way I see it this bad run is the result of a spate of injuries to our most effective strikers and attackers.

Next week when they're back (hopefully injuries picked up v Shrewsbury will be minor) our form and goal-threat will pick up.

We don't have the budget to have very strong back-ups so injuries affect us more than they would the likes of Wolves, Peterborough even Crawley.

At home I'd like to see us play a 3-4-1-2 with Kusunga, Grounds and Tarky; Dayton, Wes, Smith, Philliskirk, Petrasso; JCH, MacDonald. This for a more attacking team that includes all of our best players and keeps cover for the 3 defenders, who are very capable in their own right. Away from home we can retain what is looking a successful formula.

Edited by NewBlue