I would have thought the penalty taker was decided by the manager ....sometimes with the view that the fouled player should not take it.

But as pointed out , the misses today are just the straw that broke the camels back .

Going all the way back to the 2-0 defeat at Preston , the build up play was dynamic , the finishing or lack of was hopeless ........it has not got any better.

Has anyone who posted on this thread actually seen it? That was one hell of a save

I was at the game and as I said above it was a well hit penalty from Rooney and took a strong save. Although it was a nice height for the keeper who guessed the right way.

To be fair Rooney didn't skulk off the pitch at the end of the game. He acknowledged all the fans holding his hands up apologiseing whilst pointing to himself admitting he had let us down. He knows he ain't doing the buisness and looked devastated!

Has anyone who posted on this thread actually seen it? That was one hell of a save

Was a good save but it's fair to say that it was a nice height for the keeper and to his right... Feel for Rooney in a way. Given what Johnson's said, it's not as if he's some Billy big bollocks who's not putting in a shift but, for whatever reason, it's not happening.

It Reminds me a lot of Killen's time here. Feeney/Keigan Parker etc were just :censored: and didn't really have the backing of the fans but with Killen and Rooney, you know there's more to come.

Might be time to move on. He'll obviously go and bag 20 between now and the end of the season where ever he ends up.