It could have been any fans in that era...I've said earlier up the thread that I dred to think how many near misses latics had.

latics away to Blackburn rovers on a sunny day is the nearest I can think of, the majority of us still outside the ground when KO happened and we had to sing to let the players know we were here but couldn't get in, shuffling forward to get to the turnstyle, rushing to get through and luckily! bloody luckily no tunnel ahead! we were straight on the terraces and I rushed down to get behind the pegs....

how many away grounds were we shuffled along pavements and side streets with bloody big police horses and if you dared step of the kerb well...that's another story.

As a teenager that was the norm for me on away days, now I shudder to think and thank god for small mercies that we have the luxury of not having masses of fans at BP on Saturdays...yes I said that thank god. taking my dad on away trips to anfield recently Has got me on safety mode....where the exits are ect, but then again that might have something with fire marshalling safety training as I now check every possible route in all new places I'm staying at.

Old age eh.....

Edited by underdog

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic