Pre season friendly away at Tadcaster Albion

Am going getting a lift looks a ball ache by public transport looking forward to it. Last couple of games I have watched the Youth team have played well.

Expect it to be tougher than the match with FC United youth game last week.

Just to let people know the young Latics lost 2-1 .

Match played in very warm sunny conditions and at a fast tempo. First half Latics shaded it though neither keeper had a shot to save. At ht Tony P was strong in his words , telling them to be more assertive and vocal, and that the back four were retreating rather than pressing.

Second half Latics looked very lively but after about 6 mins hit the post, the rebound was smacked against the bar, and at the third attempt the ball was put in the net by Tad. Not clearing the lines was the downfall.

Latics pressed hard and most of the play was in the Tad half and a deserved equaliser came. But with about 15 mins left and against the fun of play the home team scored again after a loose ball wasn't dealt with.

Enjoyable game lots of good stuff but rustiness and some poor decision making meant Tad emerged victors.

Don't know the names of many of the players but full back Callum Etches was good, Jack Tuohy played well and Rio Murray lively.

Just to let people know the young Latics lost 2-1 .

Match played in very warm sunny conditions and at a fast tempo. First half Latics shaded it though neither keeper had a shot to save. At ht Tony P was strong in his words , telling them to be more assertive and vocal, and that the back four were retreating rather than pressing.

Second half Latics looked very lively but after about 6 mins hit the post, the rebound was smacked against the bar, and at the third attempt the ball was put in the net by Tad. Not clearing the lines was the downfall.

Latics pressed hard and most of the play was in the Tad half and a deserved equaliser came. But with about 15 mins left and against the fun of play the home team scored again after a loose ball wasn't dealt with.

Enjoyable game lots of good stuff but rustiness and some poor decision making meant Tad emerged victors.

Don't know the names of many of the players but full back Callum Etches was good, Jack Tuohy played well and Rio Murray lively.

I believe the goalkeeper is quite tall Pete, how did he shape up ?

Edited by BP1960

I believe the goalkeeper is quite tall Pete, how did he shape up ?

6' 6" - nearly blocked out the sun.

Only played first half and had little to do.

Quiet at first but got increasingly vocal.

Edited by LaticsPete

Thought of the two keepers Tyson in the first half had the better game. Funny moment when the young keeper in the second half nearly headed it into his own net.

Was a good run out decent game to watch fact they played mainly a team if grown men meaning it be a more physical battle atleast gives them some idea if any break into the first team what to expect.

I thought young jake Hargreaves stood out for me in the second half.