Fridays' Chron report Porter may go for free!

The only person to blame in all this is the agent who is a nobody looking for a big payday.Chris porter has a had a good season with us, and his best season of his career so far.

Maybe Simons reaction was wrong, personally I dont think so and to be honest sounded like a true fan of this club.

OAFC has done a lot for Chris Porter in two years, and yes he has gone a long way to repaying us this year with his goals tally.But clubs dont actually appearing to breakinng down the door of BP do they.

And what advice is this so called agent actually giving him why on earth would he want to go and play for Dundee at his age, and stage of his carrer

H e would be better of going back Bury but that is not going to happen. I had to laugh as good a player Porter is at this level there is no way Middlesborough would see him as first team material at the moment.

Personally I would like to see him stay with a clause in his contract if we get a bid over a certain amount he can talk to the intersted party. This surely would satisfy the players ambitions, if we dont match them.

Lets be honest here we are talking about a player here who has only reached double figure goals wise once, do it again next year Chris and you might get the move you dream about. Going to Dundee would do you no favours at all.

It would not suprise me if all this is bs created by the agent , TTA are in a rock and a hard place over this because they are trying to fund a managers plans for the forthcoming season. How can they with this hanging on , maybe this is why the Berger deal collapsed because the agent saw his opportunity to apply pressure.

At the end of the day Chris Porter will do or should do whats best for him (his agents advice wont always be the best ) like I said I hope he stays.

Hopefully whatever the outcome, I hope it will be favourable for OAFC and the TTA I would hate to see us get a negative result from this situation . Because TTA and OAFC and the fans deserve better from this .

Robert

Edited by penrhyn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very confused at minute but what is going on is selfish in the extreme from Porter's side. We need to start planning next season. He holds the key to it all. While he daydreams about playing in Scotland, we've got to sit here waiting. If he signs we can say right, that is done and tell potential signings we have a decent striker, few good players etc. If he does go we can make moves for other players.

How disheartening it must be for the players who have signed up recently having been told that money may be available and if it wasn't, Porter would still be around and we'd add a few additions anyway.

I think this is a snide move from the agent all due to the fact that when he came calling first time, he didn't get what he wanted. Now he is trying to get his own back.

Go to Dundee, Chris. Go on. Your stock now is as high as it will probably ever get. Going there will instantly halve it.

Also is the boy a mute? He can't do anything without his agents say so. He's 23, does he not have a mind of his own. I'm sure he's fully aware of what implications this stunt could have not just on us as a club but also his fellow professionals at the club.

I expect it to all be sorted next week. Because the week after, if it isn't, he won't have a wage going in the bank will he.

Edit to say, just been checking out this O'Keefe chap. Think it was Sheridan's World who said Gary Neville is represented by the PFA. Well it seems O'Keefe is on their books! So technically Porter is represented by the PFA as well!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

• 3 years later...