Fridays' Chron report Porter may go for free!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
It seems that Dundee has made Porter the best offer. If he accepts, he leaves for FREE. TTA well and trully fed up, all potential new signings on hold, TTA may quit football!

'Rarley wrong chron wins again'

Check the official site - tis true :bigcry: , leaves us very much in limbo now with only half a team.

Hopefully it's just the intial anger and they settle down quickly to move on - and we get those free transfers in we are used to.

There's loads of loopholes in football. Not that suprising that we're seemingly on the verge of being buggered by one of them.

Can't blame the 3amigo's for being disillusioned. I think anyone would be when you were expecting upwards of £700,000 to make in-roads to the debt, future transfers, etc.

His AGENT seems to be a BIG pain in the :ass1: , as all agents seem to be these days. Gutted on the money front if he did go north. Come on Chris KTF and sign our contract we have offered you and :censored: off your agent. :ktf:

Guest sheridans_world
Yeah, so if Porter DOES sign with us, we will be OK? Or are we planning on selling him this summer anyway?

We'll be fine, we just wont get the benefit of any tribunal next summer or the summer after. If he goes to an english club the transfer has to go to tribunal because he is under 24, to any other club (europe, ROW) the dont have to...

:censored: Scandalous. Is there any ruling, law or agreement that ever gives lowers league clubs any kind of benefit!!! Lower league clubs always seem to miss the boat financially on so many deals, transfers etc, i've no doubt that if it was some premier greed side then they would have the loophole closed off.

The football Administraion need to get their act together and stop clubs like ourselves continually losing finances due to "loopholes!!!!!" :angry::angry:

What annoys me is the fact that the board didn't know that this could happen. And they might 'quit football' because there asset can leave for nothing. Ok, i didn't know, you didn't know & neither does Joe Public but they are businessmen & surely they should be wary of every loophole.

Maybe, they did know & didn't think it would happen but to put out a rant like that on the Official site leaves me a bit dispondent.

:censored: Scandalous. Is there any ruling, law or agreement that ever gives lowers league clubs any kind of benefit!!! Lower league clubs always seem to miss the boat financially on so many deals, transfers etc, i've no doubt that if it was some premier greed side then they would have the loophole closed off.

The football Administraion need to get their act together and stop clubs like ourselves continually losing finances due to "loopholes!!!!!" :angry::angry:

It's hardly a loophole, it would be the same if he was to join a French, Spanish or Italian team, you only get compo if he joins a club in your own country.

Total agree with you on that one

It's hardly a loophole, it would be the same if he was to join a French, Spanish or Italian team, you only get compo if he joins a club in your own country.

I think the whole Bosman thing still shows a loophole in the fact that you are entitled to compensation from a club in this country, yet another country can "reap" the benefits of our coaching, league structure etc etc....

Whether we(English clubs) buy players on a Bosman from abroad and pay nowt, or vice versa, i find the system unfair!!

Going back to my initial :rant.sml: it is always those who need the finances more i;e lower league clubs who seem to be penalised by this!!

This seems a load of old tripe to me!

1) T3A should know exactly the rules regarding transfers, if not them then at least a member of the FA would have informed them!

2) With news about a takeover it seems a little strange to throw your toys out of the pram over a "minor" incident like this.

3) If T3A's have eyes on QPR, i personally would rather them say, than try and hoodwink us with crap!

4) Whats with all the major PR recently?

5) I just wanted a number 5 on my list!

What annoys me is the fact that the board didn't know that this could happen. And they might 'quit football' because there asset can leave for nothing. Ok, i didn't know, you didn't know & neither does Joe Public but they are businessmen & surely they should be wary of every loophole.

Maybe, they did know & didn't think it would happen but to put out a rant like that on the Official site leaves me a bit dispondent.

Exactly, surely the people in the club could work out this could happen - but to go on a public rant like this is rediculous... not beificial to anyone, and surely Corney needs to look at his PR strategy - seriously..... or is this as is said above a get out hole for them to sod off to london....

And... this statement of suspending transfers worrys me massively.... the club states that we want to resign porter, but at the mere hint that we are not getting a fee for him suddenly all transfers are suspended? That is balls then... they were budgeting for him leaving, how can we suddenly pull all transfers as if he stay or goes to scotland we still have no money from him???

This is absolute schoolboy stuff - and this is the first time I have ever criticised the club, but how can this media circus continue - especially on the official boards...

But the transparency of the club is in question - I just cant see how they possibly want to resign him if the hint of a lack of transfer fund causes this.... so if he signed a new contract would all transfers be suspended too...

Enough is enough Oldham - sort it out... more than likely it will blow over as always... but honestly... act proffessionally

Can you see ports in a latics shirt next season now??

Edited by BigfinLatic

Just want to add though - why the hell would he want to go to Dundee Utd? They wont pay much, and if he doesnt want to leave the north west, he is hardly gonna go to scotland...

The agent is playing silly buggers.... and i'm sorry Corney, for you to act like a big child and spit the dummy like this publically is rather, well, erm, childish....

This comment on JK is spot on - well done midsblue:

Midsblue Posted on 22/6 13:07 Email this Message | Edit | Reply

Golden Egg?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to be careful how I phrase this because TTA have effectively been our saviours.

However, the Porter situation happens in football and the agent/Porter are exploiting a loophole to maximise income for that agent and his player. We are the victims and it's disgusting but it does happen. Until the FA, UEFA and FIFA shift the balance of power away from the footballers then it will continue to happen.

To stop all incoming transfers, threaten to quit the club and effectively place our club back in the balance isn't fair to us supporters who have shown the owners faith and spend our own hard-earned money.

The club didn't want Porter to leave anyway. Ignoring the £700,000 for a minute, what happens if Porter signs for us again and then has an injury that forces him out of the game for the whole of next season? We're without that player and cannot capitalise on the £700,000.

The impression I get is that the £700,000 expected for Porter is the golden egg, which our playing budget for next season relies heavily or entirely upon.

You walk into business with both eyes open ready for surprises and pitfalls. You budget accordingly and shouldn't rely on "what ifs".

I fully appreciate the anger shown by our owners as the action of Porter and his agent are disgusting. The FA, SFA and PFA should step in to prevent this immediately because it's effectively saying that we accept these loopholes that can force lower leage clubs out of business.

However, I'm disgusted that the owners are throwing their toys out their pram over this and jeopardising the future of our club too. They capitalised big time on the sale of Spencer and Philliskirk plus possibly have a much larger golden egg with Micah Richards.

You win some, you lose some and this is expected BUT my estimation of our owners has dropped today.

Edited by BigfinLatic

:applause1::applause1:

Long & short of it is.

Club has dropped a major bullock on this one!

a) for coming out ranting like they have.

B) Bigging up these alleged transfers all week.

c) Exactly, what if Porter had/does stay? What happens transfer wise then?

Hmm, not sure Id expect TTAs to know about the loophole but certainly someone at the club should have known about it.

Personally I cant see him going to Dundee anyway. He wouldnt go to Plymouth because it was too far away from home so why move to Scotland? Porter will stay IMO but now he is probably being pushed into making a decision with what TTAs are coming out with.

Interesting times.

I can understand their frustration, after bankrolling the club as they have done and seemingly receiving very little of it back yet and i guess as owners of the club i suppose they are more than entitled to moan if and when they wish.

However Bigfin, you are SSOooooo right when you question why would Porter want to got Dundee.

Possible Answer; AGENT!!

Unlike Plymouth, Stoke and anyone else rumoured to be interested, Dundee wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee and as an agent, where do you think he will be suggesting an improved "signing on "fee goes???

I am sure Porter and the agent would probably receive more in their "sky rockets" with no transfer fee involved!!

I can see where this is leading. Porter signs for Dundee Utd on a free transfer on Monday with Porter and his agent getting a hefty signing on fee. On Tuesday Dundee Utd sell Porter for £500,000 to Plymouth Argyle which covers their signing on fee's from the first deal and also leaves them with a tidy profit for 1 days work. Porter and his agent get also get a signing on fee for this too.

I've just read the FA's rules. Two points:

1. The rules covering compensation are FIFA's rules, and appear to apply across different Associations.

2. The 'compensation' is just that - compensation for the amount of training invested in a player. How the club think that could amount to 'at least' £700,000 is beyond me. Surely that is about his full market value?

Maybe I'm way off the mark - I'm not an expert in the FA's small print. But I smell a rat here...