If planning is refused

edhunteruk

Move!?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support TTA if they wanted to move Latics away from BP?

• Yes
    • Unsure
    • No

If planning permission was refused,i think it would be the final nail in the coffin as far as the owners are concerened.

From there time here they have managed to stableise the club,nearly wiped out the debt,and managed to get the fans fav as manager with time and money to build what we all hope will be a fantastic side to take us back to the promised land.

So i would have to say,if permission was refused in order to keep the owners at the club would fans support building a new stadium away from bp.

I know they tried with ferny field farm,but that wasnt ideal.

but the only way to survive as a football team on gates of 6k a week is to have the all singing all dancing stadium which generates cash 24/7

Discuss...

Edited by Ackey
Added Poll

Yes.

The facilities at Boundary Park (as it is) are unsuitable for the modern game. And, as you say, conferences, training days, etc. are the way forward in generating revenue through the week.

I'm sure that most of SC's rant was directed at the residents and councillors still opposing redevelopment. As has been said many times, lets go somewhere else if necessary, and build houses on the whole bloody lot! And see how they like that. :grin:

Hmmm, I think the current plans are for about 600 apartments/houses, with blocks of up to 7 storeys?

Now, let's look at some figures:

The original sceme was worth £80million.

But if you take this new scheme with a fairly low value of £100k per property on average, the homes themselves would be worth £60m of development.

I think they may well have pulled a classic planning move - always ask for about 50% more than you expect to get.

They might well end up with 5 storey blocks and 500 properties. TTA would probably pick up £30k profit for each property, giving them £15million to fund the stadium development from the housing alone.

The hotel, gym and offices would provide further funds.

Hmmm, I think the current plans are for about 600 apartments/houses, with blocks of up to 7 storeys?

Now, let's look at some figures:

The original sceme was worth £80million.

But if you take this new scheme with a fairly low value of £100k per property on average, the homes themselves would be worth £60m of development.

I think they may well have pulled a classic planning move - always ask for about 50% more than you expect to get.

They might well end up with 5 storey blocks and 500 properties. TTA would probably pick up £30k profit for each property, giving them £15million to fund the stadium development from the housing alone.

The hotel, gym and offices would provide further funds.

BP is in such a brilliant place for a footy ground, so we should stay there if possible. Where else would we go, anyway? We would only get Ferney Field if the old bloke who owns it pegs out. BP also offers the best chance of actually getting planning permission. Saying that, if TTA planned to relocate to the moon I'd probably back them.

Imo, it's not actually the best location for the future of the club. It's not near a railway line, and not near the M60.

If we were to relocate, I'd suggest somewhere just off the m60, e.g the old british aerospace site or the gas holder at hollinwood.

These sites would give a higher profile, easier access to a wider population, and woul not put off many of the 4-5000 hardcore of fans.

Imo, it's not actually the best location for the future of the club. It's not near a railway line, and not near the M60.

If we were to relocate, I'd suggest somewhere just off the m60, e.g the old british aerospace site or the gas holder at hollinwood.

These sites would give a higher profile, easier access to a wider population, and woul not put off many of the 4-5000 hardcore of fans.

B.P is not near the motorway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mills Hill/Werneth,stations are a short taxi/long stroll away(maybe not werneth)but i have been to plenty of grounds where the train station is miles away.I believe it is the perfect place but if we were to move i would love to see the look on the locals faces when they build houses all over and with not trying to be racist,The masses of asians and immigrants move over the road :grin:

Edited by oafc2004

imo theres no better place than bp.it's 10 mins off the 627 and 10-15 mins off the m62.as for a wider population,if being 10-15mins further away from where they live puts them then they can go an swivvel.as for relocating how many of these new stadia produce no atmostphere,ie st mary's,soton,the emerites,arsenal and eastlands,man c..y.all great stadiums but no atmostphere unlike all of their old grounds.ktf.

imo theres no better place than bp.it's 10 mins off the 627 and 10-15 mins off the m62.as for a wider population,if being 10-15mins further away from where they live puts them then they can go an swivvel.as for relocating how many of these new stadia produce no atmostphere,ie st mary's,soton,the emerites,arsenal and eastlands,man c..y.all great stadiums but no atmostphere unlike all of their old grounds.ktf.

actually they have just knocked down around 3k houses around edward street and suthers street,meaning no complaints from residents as there arent any,buy the land off the developer and sell them bp,that way everyone wins.

2 mins from werneth station,5 mins from m60 junctions,on major bus routes from oldham and manchester

could be just what the owners are looking for.

bp is very nostalgic and has lots of memories,but its decrepid,old fashioned,acoustically dead,we cant even get a scoreboard working.complaints from residents on a daily basis,apart from the team it hasnt got anything going for it.

Ask away fans how it is to get to BP.

...if you want to really waste your time.

The club needs to get the people of Oldham into the ground, really. Those who travel to footy will generally put up with all sorts of transport problems before they are deterred. Sadly, the people of Oldham don't seem to see the football club as a good thing.

...if you want to really waste your time.

The club needs to get the people of Oldham into the ground, really. Those who travel to footy will generally put up with all sorts of transport problems before they are deterred. Sadly, the people of Oldham don't seem to see the football club as a good thing.

the people of oldham,barring the 6k who go to bp every other week dont give a stuff about our football team,just like the 700 rugby fans dont care,people of oldham havent give a damn about sport in our town for a good long time.

so with that in mind we should make the best stadium available and do our utmost to fill it with latics and away fans.

success is the only way to get fans back,this season we are supposedly 61% up on season tickets from last season.the price has risen so why are they up???

because of the football played by the team as a direct result of shez being manager.so if that is the standard,next season we should see another significant rise.

Guest sheridans_world

I want to stick my opinion in just about here.

BP is excellently suited as it is, there is enough room for car parking, there is enough room for expansion, dont forget, it will only take a bit of landscaping on the old yard behind the Rocky Road to make the useable.

It is in a predominatley urban area, granted but it works. I would like to point out here that the Monarch mill has recently been demolished to make way for... houses. If BP goes, houses will be built on the land, you only have to hear a snippet of our new PM Gordon Brown's speech to figure that out.

There is more than enough access to the motorway, there are frequent bus services that run from both Rochdale, Shaw and Oldham train stations. I dont know the exact stretch of the metrolink but i am sure it will cater somewhere.

BP is fine where it is, however, I would support TTA if they wanted to move away from BP, i think Hollinwood is too close to Manchester and Eastlands for the police's liking. A more sensible suggestion would be up Heyside near bullcoat lane harder to find for the away fans but Shaw train station is a few minutes walk away, only problem would be heavy volumes of traffic in and out of the area, the roads as stand wouldnt be able to cope. Ferny Field Farm would have been ideal, only problems would have been traffic onto and off Broadway, landscaping would easily sort the land out and again, it is closer to Mills Hill train station. Both sites are very close to Oldham, both sites have easy bus access and train access.

PERSONALLY i wouldnt dare venture towards Alexandra Park (believe there is land to the rear), supporters security my citation, Glodwick is not the nicest of places to be when you are white.

There is more than enough access to the motorway, there are frequent bus services that run from both Rochdale, Shaw and Oldham train stations. I dont know the exact stretch of the metrolink but i am sure it will cater somewhere. [/i

the tram line will follow the train line pretty much all the way up from town.... the trains will go and we will take the track over

so the stops will stay the same... werneth/mills hill/shaw etc...

been sitting on the fence with this myself... my parents live near the greyhound so parking is not an issue for me, it would be if we moved... therfore the question i would ask myself..

free parking and decrepid old ground with fast fading memories V a few quid for parking with super duper stadium with all the trimmings....?????

no contest!!! away win