Timothee Dieng is the best defender at the club?

What a people basing this on? Talented player but best defender?

I always say you need to give players time before judging them but has Dieng played enough games to warrent this praise?

According to Wiki he had played 21 times for us before the start of this season & half of them won't have been at the back.

So...best defender or just the next one to moan about because he's not being picked after 10 good minutes against Sheffield Utd?

Timothee Dieng is the best defender at the club?

What a people basing this on? Talented player but best defender?

I always say you need to give players time before judging them but has Dieng played enough games to warrent this praise?

According to Wiki he had played 21 times for us before the start of this season & half of them won't have been at the back.

So...best defender or just the next one to moan about because he's not being picked after 10 good minutes against Sheffield Utd?

Look at the man of the match votes on here for the games he has started, my opinion is he is wasted sat on the bench, loanee after loanee and even Connor Brown find themselves in our starting line ups yet a player with Diengs ability is overlooked.

Look at the man of the match votes on here for the games he has started, my opinion is he is wasted sat on the bench, loanee after loanee and even Connor Brown find themselves in our starting line ups yet a player with Diengs ability is overlooked.

Connor Brown has won plenty of MOM awards......on here. Sorry, means :censored: all!

This season ?

How many has Dieng won this season? Any at centre half?

It's irrelevant either way!

21 starts for Oldham at the start of the season. Why is he being seen as the best defender at the club by some fans (by you) when Johnson, Holden, Kelly & now Dunn are otherwise. What has he actually done considering when he first started at centre half for LJ he made mistakes, was caught out of position and dropped.

Like I asked, is it just because he isn't playing? I like him and he is decent but he can't be the best defender at the club or someone out of 4 managers may have picked up on it.

Edited by palmer1

21 starts for Oldham at the start of the season. Why is he being seen as the best defender at the club by some fans (by you) when Johnson, Holden, Kelly & now Dunn are otherwise. What has he actually done considering when he first started at centre half for LJ he made mistakes, was caught out of position and dropped.

Like I asked, is it just because he isn't playing? I like him and he is decent but he can't be the best defender at the club or someone out of 4 managers may have picked up on it.

We've won two games this season and your are taking the opinion of our managers as gospel...?

Possibly the same as Kieran Lee who many regarded as the best player at the club when he'd only played about 4 games in his first season, it was just obvious he had class.

Possibly the same as Kieran Lee who many regarded as the best player at the club when he'd only played about 4 games in his first season, it was just obvious he had class.

Was never a right back. Are you telling me Dieng will is good enough to play in the Championship? Lee played at least.

As I said Dieng was dropped after his first few games for defensive errors?

He's the best player at the club, we lose after a piss poor performance at home and here we are again, people diving in to blame him. It's laughable.

Johnson started him for a long spell next to Wilson, we didn't lose a game...

For a while?

Connor Brown played in runs were we didn't lose for a while...

What about stand out performances where he clearly showed his class & dominated a good striker. Maybe a time he mopped up for fellow defenders.

Less than 25 games to be told he is the next defender atvthe club is a big thing?

I don't dispute he is a good player but he must have done something to make him stand out above all the other in 2/3 years when he has barley played.People can like him and want him to play, I would have played him ahead of B Wilson but the best?

Edited by palmer1

Did it need a whole thread to challenge someone's opinion

Yeah I thought it did yes! its more than one persons opinion as well but even if nobody can back that opinion up.

There are threads on here about players who used to play for us, players linked to,players that visited Oldham or took a crap in the last hour. I thought a discussion on a current player was relevant.

Yeah I thought it did yes! its more than one persons opinion as well but even if nobody can back that opinion up.

There are threads on here about players who used to play for us, players linked to,players that visited Oldham or took a crap in the last hour. I thought a discussion on a current player was relevant.

Your opinion is as relevant as mine, people can take it for what it is we don't have to justify everything we say, I think Dieng is as good a defender we have and you disagree, get over it.

You argue every week that he should be starting as he is the best defender at the club. Your opinion to which you are entitled of course.

I'm asking you why it's your opinion and how you came too it? Is it another way to bash the manager or do you have aa logical reason for for believing it?

Because a 5 year old can say 'its my opinion so there' Did I wander into a football forum where we can't discuss football just give opinion and accept them?

Edited by palmer1

Its my opinion because the games I've watched he has been as good as anyone, he is composed assured and makes plenty of time for himself on the ball, technically he is way in front of players like Brown, Mills and Wilson and physically he has all the right attributes.

Now generally what pisses me off is other teams youngsters finding themselves as first team starters when we could be developing and nurturing our own, if we were in the play offs I could accept him being dropped but we are :censored:e, continue to use average loanees who have no attatchent to our club and where does it get us?

I can understand a decent striker coming in on loan but most of the loans we have had in we could do without, another defender I rate Edmundson has been shipped out, has he been given a chance to develop whilst carthorse Burn was selected week in week out?

You argue every week that he should be starting as he is the best defender at the club. Your opinion to which you are entitled of course.

I'm asking you why it's your opinion and how you came too it? Is it another way to bash the manager or do you have aa logical reason for for believing it?

Because a 5 year old can say 'its my opinion so there' Did I wander into a football forum where we can't discuss football just give opinion and accept them?

He thinks he's a good player and he'd like him to start, how much more explaining do you want?

Thank you....

I'm not sure I'd play him z centre half as he would have a tendency to get caught out of position.

He didn't deserve to lose his place at right back but can nobody see him playing in midfield? He joined as a midfielder and given a run if games could be potentially be a star.

I agree about the koans to a certain extent. If as a manager you see an opportunity to bring in what you see as a better player then you should.

In regards to our kids, the fact that they all go on loan to Ramsbottom or Ashton, teams like that shows the level they are working at. They are not ready for the rigours of league 1 football.

Anyone else noticed that 90% of our youth products in the last few years are dwarfs? The only players of size I remember recently are Coleman, Jacobs & Tarky

Not trying to be a Party Pooper and kill a thread but after the last 3 or 4 games I would say defence is the least of our worries.Nice to have players like Dieng and Eckersley putting pressure on players and creating competition for places, wish we could say the same with ball playing midfielders (our only one has retired),Wingers (who can take a man on or at least cross a ball) and Strikers who can look like they might sore now and then.

Not trying to be a Party Pooper and kill a thread but after the last 3 or 4 games I would say defence is the least of our worries.Nice to have players like Dieng and Eckersley putting pressure on players and creating competition for places, wish we could say the same with ball playing midfielders (our only one has retired),Wingers (who can take a man on or at least cross a ball) and Strikers who can look like they might sore now and then.

We dont concede many (most of the time) because Kelly effectively plays as a 3rd centrehalf, its a formation best described as a 5-4-1.

We dont concede many (most of the time) because Kelly effectively plays as a 3rd centrehalf, its a formation best described as a 5-4-1.

Good point, on saying that Dummigam spent most of the game up front,out wide to compensate for our lack of a decent winger,all seems very unsettled and we are into the second third of the season