Season Ticket NOT for sale

If you want to watch a team who can buy players to replace under performing players at will, who can line up their next manager while the current manager is winning the title, who can extend their grounds by 15000 while we are saving up for Tarmac....there are a couple of alternatives within walking distance

Supporting Latics isn't about trophies, about dry luxury seating , about wanting to be associated with prawn sandwiches, about not having a heard of stevenage or Dagenham.....

Last summer I went on a tour of Arsenal's Emirates stadium. The guide asked where we came from, Barcelona , Madrid, Munich etc came out of answers. Near Manchester said I . I was then asked whether I was United or City. When I replied Oldham Athletic his face lit up, he remembered the 3-0 etc., he could not stop talking about Latics. It is that respect which makes it worthwhile

Supporting Latics is about supporting proper football, it is about running out of pies, it is about being able to talk to the chairman if you want, it is about being able to laugh at your team

Do I want to sit in a 75000 crowd of tourists with cameras taking pictures of a corner kick or do I want to sit in the cold and fear that the impending corner is about to be thrown into our own net.

For me the latter, sport is about trying to win...most of the time though it is about coping with losing.....we Latics fans are world beaters at that!

exactly!

supporters of big clubs will know the feeling of winning more often but will never know the feeling of beating a team 2/3 divisions above when nobody gives you a hope in hell.

There is no feeling like it, made all the sweeter for the wait...

Edited by palmer1

If you want to watch a team who can buy players to replace under performing players at will, who can line up their next manager while the current manager is winning the title, who can extend their grounds by 15000 while we are saving up for Tarmac....there are a couple of alternatives within walking distance

Supporting Latics isn't about trophies, about dry luxury seating , about wanting to be associated with prawn sandwiches, about not having a heard of stevenage or Dagenham.....

Last summer I went on a tour of Arsenal's Emirates stadium. The guide asked where we came from, Barcelona , Madrid, Munich etc came out of answers. Near Manchester said I . I was then asked whether I was United or City. When I replied Oldham Athletic his face lit up, he remembered the 3-0 etc., he could not stop talking about Latics. It is that respect which makes it worthwhile

Supporting Latics is about supporting proper football, it is about running out of pies, it is about being able to talk to the chairman if you want, it is about being able to laugh at your team

Do I want to sit in a 75000 crowd of tourists with cameras taking pictures of a corner kick or do I want to sit in the cold and fear that the impending corner is about to be thrown into our own net.

For me the latter, sport is about trying to win...most of the time though it is about coping with losing.....we Latics fans are world beaters at that!

I agree. Haven't run out of pies for a while though. This makes me happy

I still go with my lad and will do until he decides otherwise which I don't see happening whatever division we find ourselves in. Whether it's each other's company or just watching what's unfolding before us (good or bad) we enjoy it. He's been going for 5 years now so has seen very little excitement so when good things do happen, it pretty much blows his tiny mind.

the fact that you couldn't say you were from oldham in the first place says a lot.......

Well said that man, im as disillusioned as the next man but ill be there again and again with my lads and their mates

As leeslover said, this time last year I would have jacked it in, as events turned out I didn't need too. I enjoy the company both at home and away games, we all have something in common but yet we all have different opinions. I suppose I should add that I also like beer and pies, for that reason alone I'm in.

Yes it accurately says I don't live in Oldham

fair point....

proper football is a bit subjective though.....the latics you crave exists in the nw counties....you sound like one of these hipster nonleague tossers.......the league we rae in is the middleground between half decent football of the championship and the murky depths of league 2 where clubs go to "reinvent" themselves.....we are where we are but I know where id rather be and thats not watching 11 :censored: try to top up there plastering day job pay with a appearance feee against wrexham.....